Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    All right, I'm going to put this out there again but I'm not going into longwinded detail again.

AQ17 is the same as 17-4PH (H1150 condition)..............................135,000 PSI tensile, 105,000 tension, 70,000 torsion
    AQ22 is Nitronic 50 With a slightly different H/T process..................145,000 PSI tensile, 130,000 tension, 86,000 torsion
    K Monel is nickel 500 or K500.............................................. ........145,000 PSI tensile, 110,000 tension

These materials are all subject to work hardening if not machined correctly. They can get micro stress cracks and fail.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    All right, I'm going to put this out there again but I'm not going into longwinded detail again.

AQ17 is the same as 17-4PH (H1150 condition)..............................135,000 PSI tensile, 105,000 tension, 70,000 torsion
    AQ22 is Nitronic 50 With a slightly different H/T process..................145,000 PSI tensile, 130,000 tension, 86,000 torsion
    K Monel is nickel 500 or K500.............................................. ........145,000 PSI tensile, 110,000 tension

These materials are all subject to work hardening if not machined correctly. They can get micro stress cracks and fail.
    Both the machining of the key way and well as the taper. Specially if the spindle speed at the large end of the taper is too fast for the diameter.
    I am still suspect that were seen at the enduro may have been the result of machining,

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Both the machining of the key way and well as the taper. Specially if the spindle speed at the large end of the taper is too fast for the diameter.
    I am still suspect that were seen at the enduro may have been the result of machining,
    i went to the company you had mentioned and i had them picked as my supplier if i got a new one now its confirmed thanks for the help
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

WESTERNAERO
    Constant surface foot.

Well that should prove to be a trick in itself right there. Good luck with that.
    would you care to elaborate ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    would you care to elaborate ?
    He's talking about magnetic properties of stainless. However 17-4 is magnetic.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    He's talking about magnetic properties of stainless. However 17-4 is magnetic.
    It is, but I have never had very good luck magging it.
    I also find it interesting he is feeding a blown BB Mopar thru a 1" AQ 17 shaft.

WESTERNAERO
    I also find it interesting he is feeding a blown BB Mopar thru a 1" AQ 17 shaft.
    I think it's the shaft that was in it when he got it.

Are you one of these guys OG?

Name:  DSC09939.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  118.9 KB

its whats in the boat when i bought it, i am asking what to use for the boat, why can't you just help without your bs ????????? when i bought the boat it had a bone stock 440 with a tunnel ram that wouldn't run it was all wrong i built the blower motor and this is what i have now, so either lend a hand or educate or just be quiet please its very annoying
    Last edited by ogshotgun; 02-03-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB