Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Life is short and we all have to enjoy what we're doing "now" because it could be over at any minute, if you're not happpy doing whatever it is, being this web-site or whatever, move on.

LIVE LIFE

Thanks for the site hotboat.
    AMEN brother... That is how I ended up here...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    👏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed.
    Where you get your emoticons?Haven't seen that one?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Life is short and we all have to enjoy what we're doing "now" because it could be over at any minute, if you're not happpy doing whatever it is, being this web-site or whatever, move on.

LIVE LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    AMEN brother... That is how I ended up here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Agreed.
    Where you get your emoticons?Haven't seen that one?

CH3NO2
    I think that sums up the answer to the person that wrote the question to Vic fairly well and reaffirms everything I said. Did I some how say something different.
    If you don't like it, don't post, or move on. How does that not answer the question as it was put to Vic?
    If the question HOW do you keep that from happening, as Vic mentioned, that's a different topic. The question is WHY, and you all answered that very well, "If you don't like it, FUCK OFF!"

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Isn't boating about 1) boats; 2) socializing?

IMO: It almost sounds like some people want a "boat building" technical only website instead of a "boating" website. If people venture out on this site they can see it has plenty of both.

Forums are as strong as the content their members add to the site.
    You want more boat builds? Post it
    You want more socializing? Post it
    You want more boating content? Post it
    You want more pics? Post it
    You want "it" post "it". It's that simple.

Just stop sitting there behind your keyboard complaining that you're not getting what you want...complaining isn't going to change it. Bring what you want to the forum and people will appreciate you more for it.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    I like the three Bs.................beer, bikinis and boats not necessarily in the order.

maybe this has been asked, but have you thought about a "like or thanks" button, it works on some and not on others.
    Boating is TOTALLY about socializing....... I will never race in a serious way but I like to SOCIALIZE with FRIENDS while I watch the races...

I dont give a rats ass if im on my dads pontoon, my nephews roll bar boat, my kayaks OR in a duffy buzzing around Naples/Belmont Shores/Marina Pacifica it's social... Take the duffy on Thursday nights to watch the municipal band in the park at the stadium... Raft up 10 boats with friends... Float down the ozark streams in my kayaks or canoes...

It's social, much like the sandbar discussion... That is IF your a social type of person...

The ride to Catalina on the express is social...

Prolly the LEAST social boating I do is fishing from my kayaks but I do enjoy the company IF someone likes to spend HOURS teasing the bass with plastic worms like I do...

It's social... And I will never be a racer but that doesn't make me any LESS of a boater... I boat, I grill, I eat, I drink, I listen to music, sometimes go out in the dark with my wife (but thats a story for another day)... Yes, screwing on boats is a GREAT social activity, the rocking can work in your favor if your timing is good...

BOATING IS SOCIAL...

My ? to HOTBOAT "WE-GET-LETTERS"... "How can people NOT consider boating a social activity and how can those same people expect a boating site to be void of SOCIAL topics/discussions"???

Name:  SandBar.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  trulio-havasu-1.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  71.5 KB

^^^^ Look at all the boats, are they BOATING or Socializing???

How Not To Suck At Socializing – Do’s & Don’ts
    http://www.lifehack.org/articles/com...dos-donts.html
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 03-04-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You are reading me wrong. I will say this as clearly as possible.
    It is the site, the EXACT site Vic and the core clique want it to be, that's why it took the direction it did. Its not a matter of good or bad, right or wrong.
    The question was why some lurk, some join and scoot. If you don't like the WHY as I explained it from my point of view, that's cool. I am not suggesting any changes are made, not looking to pull anybody out of their comfort zone here, Not negative as you think Vic. Its like trashing your choice of colors for your boat. There is no good or bad, right or wrong. It just is and it is what you chose to make it.

If you wanted it different, it would be different. Just like the interior of your boat. You changed it. Or if you painted the boat.
    Grads doesn't like jet boats, so I assume he doesn't ride in them. Doesn't make jets bad boats, just not Grads thing.
    No different here. If the people that join and scoot, or join and lurk don't see anything worth discussing, they won't.
    Doesn't make it wrong. Maybe just not what they expected when they signed on. I think you can see how could happen.

Ever go to Whitehouse.com? Not what you'll expect, Its not a government site. The title is a little misleading. You won't stay long. Same could be happening here. Its just not what they expected
    Am I suggesting they change the site to a government discussion site? Hell no. Its is exactly the site they set it up to be.
    Well Bob, I'm certainly well outside the clique and I agree with you. I certainly enjoy reading some of the threads here, I especially enjoyed the Old school and V-drive contributions you and Sharp Shooter were making.

I'll keep stopping by and checking to see if there's anything I feel I can contribute that would be of interest or help anybody.

I did buy a couple of shirts

Regardless of my direct participation, I certainly hope the best for this site and your efforts Vic

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Let me correct that a "LITTLE"
    Its what you ALLOW it to be.
    You are so Kumbaya. You kind of remind me of Rodney King. "Can't we all just get along" Sure we can Vic. Just do this. Then click your heel together 3 times and repeat, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

It is what it is, because YOU and the core group are comfortable with the way it is. Possibly at the risk of how uncomfortable it is for outsiders. Or that it is not what they thought they were signing on for. They thought it was a boat site, and it turned out to be a chat room for a dozen core clique.

This place is like a hot babe. Your smile and words say "welcome", but your body language says "touch me and I will break your nose"
    I don't know Bob. I don't know a single poster here. I will say this, He knows of what he speaks when it comes to the feel of most, if not all forums. A core clique, outsiders are just that. Bob's observations comparing this to FB are pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickled View Post
    I don't know Bob. I don't know a single poster here. I will say this, He knows of what he speaks when it comes to the feel of most, if not all forums. A core clique, outsiders are just that. Bob's observations comparing this to FB are pretty close.
    It's not that hard to be an insider. All you have to do is post. Once you're name is seen enough, the freindships start. I've met very few people on the forums over the years yet I have a substantial amount of posts because I choose to. It's a choice. Much of the time it might be drivel but when it comes to my forte, I'll make sure I'm there to help.

I don't have a FB account so I can't comment there.

Huntington Beach, CA/ Lake Havasu City, AZ

LIVE LIFE

Couldn't have been said better....
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and smokin, shouting "Holy Shit ...What A Ride!"

I like to be social and I like boats. Anyone want to be my friend or have I pissed too many people off here? Honest question

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    It's not that hard to be an insider. All you have to do is post. Once you're name is seen enough, the freindships start. I've met very few people on the forums over the years yet I have a substantial amount of posts because I choose to. It's a choice. Much of the time it might be drivel but when it comes to my forte, I'll make sure I'm there to help.

I don't have a FB account so I can't comment there.
    Mateo, you Vic, Eli, hell even Grads, seem like nice enough folks, and if somebody is coming on this site seeking boating friendships, then perhaps this is the place for them. But there are those of us who simply enjoy reading about, discussing and learning more about boats. I'm not saying I don't enjoy waiting to see if Grad's is going to blow up his paddleboard with a Willie Peter flare, of course I don't want him to get hurt, but the stories are funny as shit. But there's nothing I can add to it, it is what it is. I enjoy your jokes, I enjoy the pictures here, I enjoy the boat events being covered. But I'm not looking for new friends or a group to drink with. But that's just me, unlike what 2manymustangs believes and enjoys, there's a lot of us who boat because it often offers the opportunity to get away from people and the crowds. I don't care what the hoards are doing up at the sandbar or copper canyon, it's easy enough to boat the opposite or stay home those weekends.
    Like Bob said, those that find here what they're seeking will stay and perhaps in time they'll be welcomed into the inner circle, or not and leave.
    Hey, at least I'm posting