Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CampbellCarl View Post
    Why do I get dizzy when I look over the edge of a tall building?

CC
    It's common for "older" people to experience vertigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I guess that's the bottom line Bob. But it isn't what I choose to make it, its what you choose to make it. You can choose to share your experiences here, or not. That choice is yours, not mine.

Let me correct that a "LITTLE"
    Its what you ALLOW it to be.
    You are so Kumbaya. You kind of remind me of Rodney King. "Can't we all just get along" Sure we can Vic. Just do this. Then click your heel together 3 times and repeat, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

It is what it is, because YOU and the core group are comfortable with the way it is. Possibly at the risk of how uncomfortable it is for outsiders. Or that it is not what they thought they were signing on for. They thought it was a boat site, and it turned out to be a chat room for a dozen core clique.

This place is like a hot babe. Your smile and words say "welcome", but your body language says "touch me and I will break your nose"
    Last edited by gn7; 03-04-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    You are so Kumbaya. You kind of remind me of Rodney King. "Can't we all just get along" Sure we can Vic. Just do this. Then click your heel together 3 times and repeat, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home"

It is what it is, because YOU and the core group are comfortable with the way it is. Possibly at the risk of how uncomfortable it is for outsiders. Or that it is not what they thought they were signing on for. They thought it was a boat site, and it turned out to be a chat room for a dozen core clique.

This place is like a hot babe. Your smile and words say "welcome", but your body language says "touch me and I will break your nose"
    If this place is so bad, as you claim, then why are you here? And I totally agree with you on the outsiders not wanting to post here, but if you aren't part of the solution.........

The whole ALLOW it to be comment is off base. What would happen if you got to run the site the way you wanted to Bob? Talk all the smack you want, bash people, tell them they're wrong, you know everything.....yada yada yada. Chances are, nobody would be there wading through all the crap until a topic comes along where you do know what you're talking about. There would be no reason to unless you liked to be bashed. It's not Kumbaya but there's a balance when it comes to running a business. You're seeing it from the customer/usery side. If you we're on the management side, your business would be out of business.

And in regards to the hot babes comment....... some of us have never had that problem. Maybe it's you.

It is what it is, because YOU and the core group are comfortable with the way it is. Possibly at the risk of how uncomfortable it is for outsiders.

Little story Bob, true story. Years ago, I would say at least 20, I was a little younger then and a hell of a lot more impressionable. I'm a little thick and crusty now and a hell of a lot less apt to judge people based on their outer coating. Anyway, I used to work with a couple of guys who between the two of them couldn't put two positive words together to save their lives.

We called them "Doom and Gloom".

Doom and Gloom absolutely never had anything good or positive to say about anyone or anything. They were two perfect peas in a pod. No one could convince these guys that the sky was not falling and that they were not going to die of a disease infected mosquito bite.

Working with them really was the worst experience of my working career.

I made a pretty conscious decision back then to do everything in my power to stay as far away as possible from the doom and glooms of the world.
    I try to be as positive an influence, as I can, in everything I do.

I can't control everything that gets posted here, but I can do my best to keep the negativity away.

So am I all Kumbaya? Maybe I am Bob. Is that a bad thing?? I sure can think of worse things to be
    Last edited by HB Vic; 03-04-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RVR SWPR View Post
    The effort to make this site available has been incredible.I do not understand why you are spending so much time on just a couple of high maintenance members.
    I appreciate your support, nothing but kind words. Thank you.

I don't consider Bob high maintenance. I think Bob has a lot of life experience

Quote Originally Posted by rvr swpr View Post
    i was not referring to bob.lol
    lol whoops :d

You are reading me wrong. I will say this as clearly as possible.
    It is the site, the EXACT site Vic and the core clique want it to be, that's why it took the direction it did. Its not a matter of good or bad, right or wrong.
    The question was why some lurk, some join and scoot. If you don't like the WHY as I explained it from my point of view, that's cool. I am not suggesting any changes are made, not looking to pull anybody out of their comfort zone here, Not negative as you think Vic. Its like trashing your choice of colors for your boat. There is no good or bad, right or wrong. It just is and it is what you chose to make it.

If you wanted it different, it would be different. Just like the interior of your boat. You changed it. Or if you painted the boat.
    Grads doesn't like jet boats, so I assume he doesn't ride in them. Doesn't make jets bad boats, just not Grads thing.
    No different here. If the people that join and scoot, or join and lurk don't see anything worth discussing, they won't.
    Doesn't make it wrong. Maybe just not what they expected when they signed on. I think you can see how could happen.

Ever go to Whitehouse.com? Not what you'll expect, Its not a government site. The title is a little misleading. You won't stay long. Same could be happening here. Its just not what they expected
    Am I suggesting they change the site to a government discussion site? Hell no. Its is exactly the site they set it up to be.
    Last edited by gn7; 03-04-2014 at 01:45 PM.

Life is short and we all have to enjoy what we're doing "now" because it could be over at any minute, if you're not happpy doing whatever it is, being this web-site or whatever, move on.

LIVE LIFE

Thanks for the site hotboat.

Chick
    👏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk