Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Scanning old photos

Terri found this old picture of me, it's the first picture she took of me after we met, yes, it's yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago of me (25+lbs lighter) a lot younger standing next to my new Z28 back in the late 80s, I'm styling ain't I.

I women loved that car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Please tell me you have a pony tail that we can't see......

Speaking of scanning pics 😜, I got about 1000 old pics I need to scan. Any recommendations on a decent photo scanner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    Speaking of scanning pics 😜, I got about 1000 old pics I need to scan. Any recommendations on a decent photo scanner?

Subscribed, I do too.
    I think the PIA is editing them. Might be money better spent paying a service to handle it.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

You're so cute! How long have you and Terri been together? She looks younger than me.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    Speaking of scanning pics , I got about 1000 old pics I need to scan. Any recommendations on a decent photo scanner?

Actually the scaner on an HP inkjet printer works pretty good....you just need to make sure you do them at the maximum resolution available 600 or 1200 DPI

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Actually the scaner on an HP inkjet printer works pretty good....you just need to make sure you do them at the maximum resolution available 600 or 1200 DPI
    Si senior ^^^ what he said, they aren't GREAT but the results are OK...

My son scans negatives on a super doooper flat bed scanner at his college and each scan takes over one hour on max resolution I believe he told me... The end results are better than any prints / jpegs that the typical low resolution digital cameras take...

I think you have to first decide how much time you have on your hands and do the math...

1000 prints x 5 minutes each = 83.333 hours

I typically end up getting roped into doing a bunch of scans when we have weddings or funerals or parties for slide shows...

The up side is that I have great digital pics of my late brother and other family that are more precious than gold to me that my family and I can open and look at regularly...

Try your home flat bed set on the highest resolution first like Paul said and I think you will be pleased...

I would add to what Paul said, spend 60-100 bucks on a good western digital 1/2 TB passport external hard drive OR two and start making folders/directories for the pics. Name the directories so that you can quickly/easily find-update-amend-back up... ON second thought, get TWO 1/2 TB (or bigger) WD passport external HDs and mirror them manually... I keep three and my son has at least three of his own, mark / identify one as your master and start organizing your cell pics/prized digital family/friend JPEGs now before it is too late...

Handle the passport with care and keep it in the SHOCK proof case and it will last a long time. DON'T let it sit inside the protective case and run for hours because it can get hot...

Cool pic Joey, here is one of Linda and I around early 80's, typical high resolution scan from our HP scanner...

Name:  B and L old v2.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  57.7 KB
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 10-15-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Please tell me you have a pony tail that we can't see......
    No ponytail, but I had curls, so it was the "party in the back and business in the front" haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    You're so cute! How long have you and Terri been together? She looks younger than me.

Sent from my Bat Cave
    We met on July 19th 1989, it's been a while and she was a child when I met her, she's a few years younger than me, that's the way all second wives are.....................lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    No ponytail, but I had curls, so it was the "party in the back and business in the front" haircut.

We met on July 19th 1989, it's been a while and she was a child when I met her, she's a few years younger than me, that's the way all second wives are.....................lmao.
    So I'm either gonna have to be someone's first wife, or marry someone in their 50's?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    That's what we use too, it a combo unit, scans, faxes, prints, copies, HP has some cool unit on the market now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Si senior

The up side is that I have great digital pics of my late brother and other family that are more precious than gold to me that my family and I can open and look at regularly...

I would add to what Paul said, spend 60-100 bucks on a good western digital 1/2 TB passport external hard drive OR two and start making folders/directories for the pics. Name the directories so that you can quickly/easily find-update-amend-back up... ON second thought, get TWO 1/2 TB (or bigger) WD passport external HDs and mirror them manually... I keep three and my son has at least three of his own, mark / identify one as your master and start organizing your cell pics/prized digital family/friend JPEGs now before it is too late...

Cool pic Joey, here is one of Linda and I around early 80's, typical high resolution scan from our HP scanner...
    ]

You guys are styling too.............don't you love to look back at old pics.