Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
I never called a teacher a rule breaker. They're just good quiet little sheep too. The elected officials that are forcing this shit down our throats is who I was referring to.
I got to great lengths to teach my son rules and discipline. He is also being taught to think for himself. Believe nothing you hear and only half if what you see or read.
My wife is a stay at home mom, she's been his home tutor for his entire life. Her biggest beef with CC is the inability to help him with this. There are NO sample pages, NO written method to read, NO explanation of how to do the work. It's like it's a big secret that the parents aren't allowed in on. Luckily my wife is smarter than the average bear and she's figured it out.
Home schooling to me isn't something is want for Dylan. We have a few kids across the street that home school. They do a lot of social activities but I've noticed they don't take direction well from other adults. I think it's because mom is the only one that's ever taught them anything.
For us as parents, we'd like to be included in the process rather than blindly sending our kids off to be taught/brainwashed the new way if doing things.
As for not being a good parent because I'd pawn him off on the schools to be taught by someone else? Pretty ignorant statement. Can't even reply to that without wanting to throat punch someone.

Oath Keeper
I love a good debate, while I accept that you didn't call the teachers the rule breakers, please note I did not call every parent that sends their children to public school a bad parent. I simply stated that the bad parents do tend to send their kids to public schools for the posted reasons.

Yes the lack of a push package to give to parents to explain how to help their children with the new methods is one of the down falls. If it is standardized teaching, surely they could have materials that explain the method to refer the parent to, or to simply give the parents. The text books being used also do not yet reflect the teaching method being directed by CC. So parents have no way to help really. And the new teacher documentation requirements don't leave the teachers with sufficient time to draft up their own parental aids to give out.

I agree with your probable cause and effect with your neighbor's children and their lack of acceptance of guidance or rules from outside sources. If they are involved in outside activities, hopefully they will outgrow those difficulties. Sometimes home schooling just develops social skills at different time intervals than public school taught kids.