Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grass Fed Beef

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I think you should take advantage of the opportunity so I can get some yummy food. 

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Between the venison, beef, and mulberries you just need to move to Iowa.

Grass fed beef is just a new marketing ploy to raise beef prices. All beef used to be grass fed. They were range animals, which made the beef stringy. Corn fed beef replaced them because they could bring the feed to the steer so the beef was more tender ( less muscle since they didn't move around). Now with the organic push they are back to grass fed. They may only feed them hay, but its no better than feeding them organic corn without the steroids. The major difference is that grass usually ends up on the ground where the steer walks on it, deficates on it, urinates on it, and then eats it. Check out what really goes on in feed lots before you decide how healthy grass fed beef really is.
    Last edited by SnoC653; 09-29-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    Between the venison, beef, and mulberries you just need to move to Iowa.

Grass fed beef is just a new marketing ploy to raise beef prices. All beef used to be grass fed. They were range animals, which made the beef stringy. Corn fed beef replaced them because they could bring the feed to the steer so the beef was more tender ( less muscle since they didn't move around). Now with the organic push they are back to grass fed. They may only feed them hay, but its no better than feeding them organic corn without the steroids. The major difference is that grass usually ends up on the ground where the steer walks on it, dedicated on it, urinates on it, and then eats it. Check out what really goes on in feed lots before you decide how healthy grass fed beef really is.
    I know I really need to move.

I don't want to misrepresent my intentions...it's not for health reasons, it's Bc it is delicious! I'm lucky I live alone and don't have kids BC what I spend on groceries is unreal. I'm a total food lover. On the inside I'm a 400 pound chick. :( Fat Eli Rules!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I know I really need to move.

I don't want to misrepresent my intentions...it's not for health reasons, it's Bc it is delicious! I'm lucky I live alone and don't have kids BC what I spend on groceries is unreal. I'm a total food lover. On the inside I'm a 400 pound chick. :( Fat Eli Rules!

Sent from my Bat Cave
    If you're 400 pounds I must weigh about a ton. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    If you're 400 pounds I must weigh about a ton. Lol
    On the inside and it's what's on the inside that counts

Sent from my Bat Cave

What else does a cow normally eat other than grass
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What else does a cow normally eat other than grass
    I think corn. I'm not 100% sure on the details all I know is the grass guys are the yummiest IMO. You've gotta try it at least once. I realize I sound like a dealer lol

Sent from my Bat Cave

I think corn. I'm not 100% sure on the details all I know is the grass guys are the yummiest IMO. You've gotta try it at least once. I realize I sound like a dealer lol

Sent from my Bat Cave
    C'mon now. I've never seen a cow wandering the fields chowin' down on a corn cob, they always bend over and eat grass.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    C'mon now. I've never seen a cow wandering the fields chowin' down on a corn cob, they always bend over and eat grass.
    OMG Ziggy, that was hilarious!

Sent from my Bat Cave

On the inside and it's what's on the inside that counts

Sent from my Bat Cave

All grass fed beef is fed corn/grains to fatten them up and make them tender. Cows raised on 100% grass are not tender. It is more of a marketing term, because corn feed beef is mostly fed grass.

Grass fed is supposed to be more environmentally friendly, but there is no real difference other than grass fed down plays the corn part of their diet, or ignores it all together.

Organic certified will make sure your beef was not fed gmo corn/grains. No such thing as gmo grass (not yet), but the grass can be certified organic.