Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart...

There's no doubt that the experts will deal with this and conclude whatever they will. Sadly, I doubt this is treated exactly the same as if a different car/driver - say a rookie - had been involved instead of Tony and celebrity had nothing to do with the investigation and/or outcome so it concludes fairly for all.

Sadly, Ward is dead and Tony, for whatever reason has now chosen to take a second cup race off. There's no doubt that this incident has left a scar. How permanent, is yet to be seen.
    The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying. What I was saying was is if the driver behind him said Tony was guilty in any way he would effectively be committing career suicide. If he was the guy that shut down Tony's racing career I cant imagine there would be too many people wanting help him move up the ranks.
    You are assuming that the driver behind Tony wants to further his career in racing. He might be right where he wants to be and it isn't a career it's a sport, or maybe he is an owner driver and ready to retire, or maybe he doesn't feel he owes anyone so he doesn't have anything to loose by telling the truth. Oh yeah, except that by saying Tony did everything he could, he's now not the local fan's favorite so he might be limiting his home town sponsorship opportunities. And other drivers with a chip on their shoulder might want to retaliate against him. I can see why saying Tony was not at fault is such a stellar option if it wasn't true. On the other hand if it is true, big props to the guy that would rather tell the truth than join in mob mentality that the successful person must be punished if a chance arises.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. What I was saying was is if the driver behind him said Tony was guilty in any way he would effectively be committing career suicide. If he was the guy that shut down Tony's racing career I cant imagine there would be too many people wanting help him move up the ranks.
    I see, guess you had poor choice of words lol.. But that's no surprise here.

GRADS
    Watching NASCAR right now. Everyone is saying the best thing for Tony is to be back in the race car. Who gives a fuck...what about the family whose son he killed.

Watching NASCAR right now. Everyone is saying the best thing for Tony is to be back in the race car. Who gives a fuck...what about the family whose son he killed.
    They should be more upset the kid got out of a race car on the track and started running towards moving cars. Why would your kid but themselves in that position.

Stewart is sure getting a lot of sympathy but you got to give him the benefit of doubt that it was just an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by westair View Post
    Stewart is sure getting a lot of sympathy but you got to give him the benefit of doubt that it was just an accident.
    I really don't think Tony purposely killed Kevin Ward. JMO.

GRADS
    He's out of the race but at least he feels better about himself, that's all that matters.

He's out of the race but at least he feels better about himself, that's all that matters.
    And what type of qualifications give you the right to have any opinion that matters to the racing community?

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by bb88 View Post
    And what type of qualifications give you the right to have any opinion that matters to the racing community?
    I banged Danica Patrick once.