Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ford

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    100k on my Raptor with zero issues so far Attachment 44183
    100K????

Yeowzer, I thought you just bought it a few months ago... Nice ride BroHAM, I do like the flares painted to match the rest of the truck...

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Not that I'm bashing , but my heart isn't so much in circle racing, boats or cars. I guess, ever since I was a kid I've been more into Dry Lakes land speed racing and drags. I don't know why. it's just how I roll I guess. The Ford reply.....just making a general statement. Of my four boats, one is Hemi powered, one is Ford Nascar powered, one has twin nitro burning Chevys, and the fourth, ( if I ever finish it ), may get a 327 Chevy...I'm not 100% sure yet, so I kinda own one each of the big 3, ALL good. I've owned Ford and GM cars, none of them have been lemons. Funny, I'm a big fan of Chryslers Hemi, but I've never owned a Chrysler car. I sure would like to buy a new Challenger though! Engine wise......in car hot rodding and with boats, Chevrolets are used by a great majority of enthusiasts these days, however, I've never been much of a "follower". If everybody bought a shirt just like the one I'm wearing, I'd turn around and burn mine. It's like sleeping with the same girl that everyone else is banging. I want something special, and engine work is what I do for a living so I can do what turns me on.
    Hey SPIKE, I have a BIG BLOCK Ford flathead 337 "8EQ" that would be a nice stout power plant for your FOURTH boat... Solid lifter and forged steel crank... Free of charge but you pay for shipping and crating... Still has cross hatch in the cyls, it was a fire truck engine...

When I picked it up with the forks on the back of my tractor, the front end of the tractor came up off the ground, I have no clue what the weight is... It should make your fourth boat draft nice and low in the wata...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 08-06-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

2 mas mustangs, actually, my fourth boat is a '63 ( wait for it.....) Stevens 17' SK Skier, and I do have a '63 327 from a friends Corvette. IF...I decide to use it, I'm gonna outfit it with either the Edelbrock 6-stromberg set-up, or a Weiand WC4D staggered 4-stromberg set-up. It'll be a resto ( you know me ), and will be period perfect. The Vance trailer still has it's data plate and is absolutely correct for a '63. I'm open though , to possibly a Nailhead Buick. The thing is, it's only a 17 footer, and has back to back seating, which I'll retain, so I'd prefer an engine of smaller external physical dimensions, and one available within the '63 cut off date. I have two extra 392 Chryslers, but an early Hemi would dominate the rear seating area. About the fire truck engine.....don't laugh, at the shop, we're doing a Seagrave V-12 flathead fire truck engine for a guy, who's gonna put it in a stretched Model A hot rod chassis! Talk about "dare to be different", it's pretty darned cool. It'll likely make a few magazine covers.