Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post

I did not delete the FB thread. I'm not sure who did. But I will find out.

HB
    What was deleted??
    Nothing. There never is.

I just checked with the only other person who has access to the hotboat FB account. He did not delete anything. So that means the OP had to delete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Nothing. There never is.
    You missed a quote. Nothing was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    You missed a quote. Nothing was.
    There never is.
    I've been known to delete/hide a few posts of my own. So I've been told.

I say......wear a good life jacket or vest, the newer ones are pretty comfortable too. Hopefully, you'll not need the protection, but that precludes the idea that the person operating the watercraft is using common sense, I.E. not going above cruising speeds with passengers, not overloaded, not intoxicated, crossing waves properly, etc,etc. LSD wasn't illegal to use until people started abusing the drug, fender laws for hot rods, exhaust decibel limits, all at one time were unrestricted until PEOPLE kept abusing things. Lawmakers love to use idiots as their example of everyday America to pass laws, and lawsuits keep Lawyers in a new BMW every year. So...stop feeding the fire....don't operate your boat like an idiot, and wear a good vest!

Welcome Spike.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Regulating common sense and self preservation by gov. mandate is never a good idea. There is little doubt that, eventually, there will be required boat operators permit that will be obtained by paying for a Gov. approved or taught "safety course".
    Like most things the gov requires in the name of safety, it will be a revenue generator, and branch into regs that resemble 49 CFR.

While it may seem like a good thing to "require" this or that, you just can't regulate stupid, and you can not mandate common sense.
    Case in point, Drunk driving.
    Every single person not in a coma knows it is illegal to drink and drive.
    Who here is 100% not guilty? (I know there are a few)

I had a DUI. From arrest to end 3 years later it cost me about 20k. NOT ONCE in the process was safety or dangers with drunk driving mentioned.
    Not from the LEO with his boot on my neck, the loser dyke intake officer, the judge who was running about 30 DUI cases through before noon, the court monkey who I gave $150.00 to so I could be analyzed for level of corrective counciling required to correct me, the MADD mother seminar I had to pay to attend, the 3 days of incarceration, the 3 years of SR22, etc.
    The ONLY topic ever discussed or decided during this process was how much I would pay.

Having ranted on with that, I will say that my love of fast, loud, insane looking boats is in part a conscious decision to remove myself from doing that on the street.
    Having a division 7 points earning super street Nova tended to cost me a lot in violations, so I trailered it and just raced.
    Fun for 10 seconds at a time, at about 50 bucks a second minimum.
    So I took a ride in a 5 rib Sanger one day and the light bulb came on!!!

Now we are discussing bringing the rules of commuting to the last vestige of affordable recreation and enjoyment?
    I don't think so.

"Let's make a life vest law"? Seriously?
    "Let's make a license law" Are you kidding me?

We wear our high dollar vests while under way 100% now.
    Have I pegged it without the vest? Yes I have, and I always think how foolish it was later on.
    NO ONE rides without a vest I approve of or supply.

A person that can afford a half million dollar, 150 MPH boat can do as they wish. Personally, I would have a few HP boat classes under my belt before I turned the key on such a machine. We are way past bobbers at that point.

So yeah, wear the vest or be an idiot.
    But at least own a fucking boat before trying to dictate law and regs on me and my hobby.

God I love drunk posting!!!!
    Tommy

"So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    I say......wear a good life jacket or vest, the newer ones are pretty comfortable too. Hopefully, you'll not need the protection, but that precludes the idea that the person operating the watercraft is using common sense, I.E. not going above cruising speeds with passengers, not overloaded, not intoxicated, crossing waves properly, etc,etc. LSD wasn't illegal to use until people started abusing the drug, fender laws for hot rods, exhaust decibel limits, all at one time were unrestricted until PEOPLE kept abusing things. Lawmakers love to use idiots as their example of everyday America to pass laws, and lawsuits keep Lawyers in a new BMW every year. So...stop feeding the fire....don't operate your boat like an idiot, and wear a good vest!
    WOT or stay on the bank.
    Tommy

Gen. George S Patton

My 9yo grandson is doing 70 MPH in my sig pic.

Note vest...happy?
    Yeah I got a hand on the wheel, don't freak out on me.

He knows how to hit recall on the auto meter gps and he seen that Grandma Deb did 80mph.
    He's pissed.
    Told me this summer he is going 80 or pretty much he's done visiting.
    Last edited by thatguy; 05-25-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    Tommy

Gen. George S Patton

Are the auto inflate jackets any good??

Are the auto inflate jackets any good??

It depends on the speed you are going. The only auto inflate jackets I have worn are the lifeline ones. They are probably the best auto inflate jackets you can buy, but I don't know if they would stay on at high speed since they don't have crotch straps. I have been 115 wearing one of the auto inflates in a larger boat. I wouldn't be comfortable wearing one at that speed in a flat or hydro.

I have a lifeline race jacket, but when I go fast in a flat or hydro I usually wear a chute jacket with thigh straps. My race jacket would be OK, but not as good as a chute jacket. Just like a ski vest could work at 90 mph, but a lifeline would be much better.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by RogerThat99; 05-25-2014 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.