Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Paul or Pilots

Is there a reliable website pilots use for weather conditions, specifically wind?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Whatever you do, stay away from Ontario Airport today!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Whatever you do, stay away from Ontario Airport today!
    Sounds like here, we are installing mirrors mounted to steel trusses that are 10'x75' and only weigh 3000lb. They look kinda like the wings of Wright brothers airplane when they are being hoisted in place.
    I'm trying to find something that accurately predicts wind hour by hour while we are working.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Here's a visual.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400097166.745331.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  51.2 KB

I know there is an Iphone app but I forget what it's called.

Well if you are a licensed pilot you can register for DUATS which is the FAA's Weather reporting system......I also have a paid APP called FlightSoft that ties into that weather automatically and it will give you current as well as forcast weather/winds for a given location and/or area.

Stainless you're in Tucson area right??

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com
    (928) 846-9611

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Well if you are a licensed pilot you can register for DUATS which is the FAA's Weather reporting system......I also have a paid APP called FlightSoft that ties into that weather automatically and it will give you current as well as forcast weather/winds for a given location and/or area.

Stainless you're in Tucson area right??
    Yea, in Tucson. I'm looking for something I can check during windy periods to monitor when to cease assembly.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

You can go to the FAA's ASOS or ATIS site and get the current weather conditions. It doesn't give forecasts just current conditions. http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/weather/asos/?state=AZ

Pick an airport close to where you are working. You can check it by phone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    You can go to the FAA's ASOS or ATIS site and get the current weather conditions. It doesn't give forecasts just current conditions. http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/weather/asos/?state=AZ

Pick an airport close to where you are working. You can check it by phone as well.
    Thank you, I'll paste it to my home screen.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Fltplan.com they have an app. You can save routes & station id's. WX with one click, METARS, TAF, winds aloft, NOTAMS the whole shabang