Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Water Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    This may or may not help, but I've never seen a Biesemeyer K boat with 8 turnbuckles. I've never even seen an NRKA Biesemeyer with 8 turnbuckles.

I think the boat was backed into something or rear ended causing the plate to break.
    Don't worry, If I run the boat in the NRKA I'll add turnbuckles between each pair, that should make my boat two turnbuckles faster than your boat and that much harder to get off the trailer and into a race.

Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    i have seen this exact issue on a boat before in the exact spot...it was damaged from a floor jack lifting the back of the boat up to service the rudder... no need to re invent the wheel .. its metal its old worn out .. replace it.. if the tire on your car gets a slice do you replace the tire or re invent the wheel ???

also that looks like type III hard anodizing also ... fades bad in the sun will lose the color but not the coating and its i believe aout 2-3 thousands thick
    Guaranteed that isn't a result of jacking the boat. The miniature fissures show repeated stres, as well as the crack traveling over time. What you can't see is that there is also transference from the plate vibrating against the doubler. That doesn't happen with a one time event.

As for Anno or paint, hard to say, but the bottom shows no wear wich leads me to believe it has been re-painted or whatever it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    Don't worry, If I run the boat in the NRKA I'll add turnbuckles between each pair, that should make my boat two turnbuckles faster than your boat and that much harder to get off the trailer and into a race.

Guaranteed that isn't a result of jacking the boat. The miniature fissures show repeated stres, as well as the crack traveling over time. What you can't see is that there is also transference from the plate vibrating against the doubler. That doesn't happen with a one time event.

As for Anno or paint, hard to say, but the bottom shows no wear wich leads me to believe it has been re-painted or whatever it is.
    if you take the metal and hit it with a wire wheel .. if its anodized there will be a strange smell .. thats how i know for sure
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

WESTERNAERO
    That's anodized

WESTERNAERO
    Hey Sno, I'm not sure if you know this, I thought this would be kinda common knowledge but, make sure when you order your new material the grain direction is going with the short length of the plates. Or linear with the boat maybe is a better way to say it.