Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Southwest Florida

There were some questions about SWF so I thought I'd start a thread with some basic info and if anyone has any further questions or comments we can post them here without hi-jacking anyone's thread.

There's lots of beautiful places in SWF, we picked Ft. Myers/Cape Coral for a few reason, it's within a 30 minute drive to a reasonably sized airport, there's lots of houses

within the 400-500K price range that are on the ICW within 30 minute boat ride to the GOM. we can boat 50 miles either North or South to get to Punta Gorda or Marco

Island (respectively), close to Sanibel/Cativa and to Ft. Myers Beach and tons of open beaches that you can beach your boat, explore and relax all day.

And if we want, for a $120 we can take the Key West Express (3 hour shuttle boat ride) down to KW for the weekend, doesn't get much better than that.

All the cities up and down the coast are great, but those were our reasons for picking where we ended up which is in SW Cape by Cape Harbour/Rumrunners part or town.

I'll start a thread later showing the complete re-model we did to our place here in SWF with the dock and pool out back, if anyone has any questions ask away.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 314joey; 03-24-2014 at 11:27 AM.

How is the humidity in the summer time? I was in Dominican Republic in July and whenever we walked out of the hotel room, our clothes instantly stuck to our body and our sunglasses would fog up.

Keep in mind what I'm saying is coming from a guy who only has been through one SWF Summer and moved here from the Midwest where the Summer heat and humidity is just crazy.

Anyway, it "rarely" gets in the triple digit temps here or does the humidity go above 90%, back at LOTO in the Summer we used to get a month or two of over 100 deg temps and 100% humidity, it was like someone was standing on your chest, so our first Summer was a blessing, maybe since we're so close to the ocean and we get the cool ocean breezes, I don't know, but it was cooler than back at LOTO that's for sure.

And it does help that there's pool 30' right out the back door.
    Last edited by 314joey; 03-24-2014 at 11:51 AM.

What's the biggest difference, if any, from boating on the west side vs. the east side, like Lauderdale?

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    What's the biggest difference, if any, from boating on the west side vs. the east side, like Lauderdale?
    Much calmer in the Gulf vs the Atlantic, tons more beaches and we can boat North up to Punta Gorda and stay inside the barrier islands (Sanibel and Captiva) where it's like a Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Much calmer in the Gulf vs the Atlantic, tons more beaches and we can boat North up to Punta Gorda and stay inside the barrier islands (Sanibel and Captiva) where it's like a Lake.
    Isn't the water warmer in the Gulf also?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I have 1 question. Are you open to having a roommate who cooks?

Sent from my Bat Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Isn't the water warmer in the Gulf also?

CH3NO2
    Just a degree or two on the water temp, but it's not noticeable, in the Summer the ocean temp gets in the upper 80s and sometimes 90, but the other stuff I mention is, like the beaches, there's tons of them on the West Coast, now there is more night life with Miami/South Beach over on the East side, but other than that that the actual boating is better over here, when we want to party that hard we just drive the two hours East or just fly to Vegas, you can never beat Vegas for a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I have 1 question. Are you open to having a roommate who cooks?
    Sent from my Bat Cave
    You will fall in love with SWF if you try it.

Southwest Florida

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    You will fall in love with SWF if you try it.
    I don't doubt that at all. That's why I said "roommate" and not "guest" lol

I better move to SWF, before I get weighed down.
    Sent from my Bat Cave
    Last edited by Eli; 03-25-2014 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I don't doubt that at all. That's why I said "roommate" and not "guest" lol

I better move to SWF, before I get weighed down.
    Sent from my Bat Cave
    You may find your future "husband".