Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Brought it in for a dead battery and this was the bill....
    Attachment 33285
    wtf kind of battery did you have put in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Thoughts on F-150's?

Grads, you didn't wear the blue dress to pick it up did you? You know how these places try and take advantage.

CH3NO2
    Last edited by Stainless; 02-13-2014 at 05:16 PM.
    CH3NO2

GRADS
    I brought it in because the batteries had gone dead and they were covered for 36 months and while it was in there they said they noticed that the bed plate seal was leaking. I find this interesting because there wasn't a single drop of oil in my driveway. Anyways, long story short the cab had to come off in order to fix the leak.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I brought it in because the batteries had gone dead and they were covered for 36 months and while it was in there they said they noticed that the bed plate seal was leaking. I find this interesting because there wasn't a single drop of oil in my driveway. Anyways, long story short the cab had to come off in order to fix the leak.
    All labor and probably the oil was burning off before it hit the ground, but then again you probably would have smelled it.

Our local dodge dealer is also the ford dealer.
    The times I take the cummins in for scheduled maintenance, I see the stalls full of fords with the cabs off.
    It's the first thing they do.

F-150 I can't help with though.
    I don't drive, borrow, or own fords period.
    Tommy

"So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

Gen. George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Shoulda bought a V8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What did they sublet? Does that mean they took your truck somewhere else? And if so,ndid you know about it beforehand? I've had the cab off my F350 twice and never received a bill like that. I'd love to see the labor codes to see what the book time is on that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Grads, you didn't wear the blue dress to pick it up did you? You know how these places try and take advantage.
    If that's what I had to do to not pay $5000 I would of worn it with lipstick and high heels.

I keep looking at the labor costs and shake my head. It takes about 12 hours book time to pull and replace the cab. What exactly did they do to that thing? Better yet, post the dealership name so I'll know to avoid them like the plague when I'm out that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

I have an ecoboost f150 and it's been great for a running around/ light work truck. Super comfortable and handles great, brakes are good, pretty fast, good hwy mileage. It actually tows really well but I'd never tow anything heavy with a 1/2 ton truck. It shifts rough when you're going slow when it's cold, probably trying to max out the mileage on the dash display. Either that or my tranny is about to drop, but mine's under warranty for a while longer..