Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Prop Shaft

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    Reading comprehension seems to be lacking around here. If you take a prop and copy it, that is not the same as making a replacement part to take the place of a broken part (a part that fits the same space, but is not a direct copy) A digitally copied then reproduced part is a copy. It's not slightly changed, it's a copy.
    i can guarantee you nothing is exactly the fn same not even from the same shop its called tolerances , now what ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by HotWater View Post
    That's how we do it up in this mofo! Women and children need not apply!
    agreed no room for wussies or flakes will be weeded out !!
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Sounds like they need to get a better company to copy their props. If they paid for the props and paid the designer for the design they can make as many copies of his work as they want. If he was just an prop builder and they designed it and he just built it, they can do whatever they like with their design. And go research how patents work. You can't patent every prop as that's not how patents work.

We all have thick skin, some like GN7 have the skull to go along with it.

Says the person that does more gum flapping that all the rest of us combined. Go get the 6th graders to help you with the big words Bob. Maybe they can teach you a little about grammar while they're at it.
    if i say who them from i get oh don't put names thats not cool, lets just say ..one of them has a box of prop castings on here, and the other is a name of some older flat bottoms and the third is secret ..they did the best but not dead fn nuts.
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Then why are you here?
    to help weed out spam ...LMAO
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Yeah, I can't believe they investment cast those gears. All that doe and cast gears.
    They're actually forged. The cases are cast, so lose a tooth on a gear and pop goes the wallet book

I was looking at some worn gears and they sure looked like investment cast to me.
    If they were used they were probably pitted. Pits are what starts the tooth decay and eventual wallet failure

I wasn't referring to the pitting, the overall gear itself defiantly doesn't look like a forging. They're actually an oddly designed gear. There is no way to finish grind the gear face on them. So it's a little hard to believe that they would be forged with the surface finish they have.
    Merc has had issues with brand new gearsets. The good shops will reject a fair amount of them before accepting a set that looks decent.

But yes, they don't look all that great.

And to keep this on track for Snoc, should imco pay royalties to mercury for the outdrive?
    haha hes so busing paying royalties hell never finish his boat lol
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

And to keep this on track for Snoc, should imco pay royalties to mercury for the outdrive?
    Did they copy Mercury's outdrives or develop their own using Mercury's concept? Are they using any of Mercury's key concepts for the outdrive? Did Mercury patent the outdrive concept or any of the key components of it? And if so has that patent expired or has Mercury kept it current? And was Mercury even the one that developed the first outdrive?

Surely you should know that these questions need to be answered before your question can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Did they copy Mercury's outdrives or develop their own using Mercury's concept? Are they using any of Mercury's key concepts for the outdrive? Did Mercury patent the outdrive concept or any of the key components of it? And if so has that patent expired or has Mercury kept it current? And was Mercury even the one that developed the first outdrive?

Surely you should know that these questions need to be answered before your question can be.
    Who developed the first screw prop. Menkins? Hi Johnson> Are they all paying royalties to them.
    Whos getting paid the fucking paper clip?

Did that assclown thief Gusti pay Rudy Ramos royalities when he stole the idea for a flat bottom v drive boat for the half dozen POS he made before going bankrupt
    The best part of getting you to open you mouth snoc, is you are MORE than willing to show the entire world just how fucking dumb you really are. Its amazing. Like intellectual suicide. But that would assume you had a brain to start with Mr Military INTEL
    Last edited by gn7; 04-23-2014 at 07:20 AM.