Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    I think he means AQ22 (aquamet).
    yes aqua met 22 , depends who you talk too , the steel manufactures call it kmonel 22, i was under the impression kmonel was more nickel i really don't know thats why i ask,, and my list of people have mixed opinions
    one says 18 the other 22 and the third says kmonel 500 .. so i ask the ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    So far, we have 12 pages of a thread that is suppose to be about boats, and its almost all non boating.
    I think I am done with this "boating thread" It reads like a boating thread Grads started
    aim sure the sand bar will have much more boating ,, i ask a ? about prop shafts no one answers .. i am sure when i post what i did buy , everyone will bash it with there biggest hammers they have ... typical lmao...
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Well if it was watermarked from another site or another person from whom we do not have permission to post, then yes, it would have been taken down. Thank you for reminding me.
    the photos of my 53 studebaker were posted by Nick Rose got bad comments than they were removed.. very simple we talked about that already Vic
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    yes aqua met 22 , depends who you talk too , the steel manufactures call it kmonel 22, i was under the impression kmonel was more nickel i really don't know thats why i ask,, and my list of people have mixed opinions
    one says 18 the other 22 and the third says kmonel 500 .. so i ask the ?
    Aquamet and Monel are trade names.
    AQ22, AQ22HS, AQ19, AQ17 and nickle 500(K500) are the material types.

the photos of my 53 studebaker were posted by Nick Rose got bad comments than they were removed.. very simple we talked about that already Vic
    Threads or posts that get bad comments are not removed simply because they got bad comments. I'm not saying yours did, I can't even find the thread. So again, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Lets see if we can start a thread about boats

Can I add some boating content here?
    AQ22, AQ22HS, AQ19, AQ17 and K500. What are the differences, how can I tell what,if any if those, I might have. As some know, I own the former SS/PS8 Mango Madness. I bought it from Darner less engine and trailer. Just curious what I might have/need.
    I'm planning on sending the rudder, props and shaft out for X-ray. Any suggestions on where to send them in the SoCal/Corona area?

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Can I add some boating content here?
    AQ22, AQ22HS, AQ19, AQ17 and K500. What are the differences, how can I tell what,if any if those, I might have. As some know, I own the former SS/PS8 Mango Madness. I bought it from Darner less engine and trailer. Just curious what I might have/need.
    I'm planning on sending the rudder, props and shaft out for X-ray. Any suggestions on where to send them in the SoCal/Corona area?

In loving memory of
    Differences are strength. You can have it tested to find out but you're going to loose an inch off the shaft to do that.

Can't afford an inch. I'll contact Darner. Thanks.

In loving memory of

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    So far, we have 12 pages of a thread that is suppose to be about boats, and its almost all non boating.
    I think I am done with this "boating thread" It reads like a boating thread Grads started
    That is because it takes some people 12 posts to reply to a single post. I'm waiting for OG to tell us how valuable he is to the site because he has X number of posts. Not because he loves to hear himself talk, but because people have asked him to post.
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by MrDenton View Post
    Can't afford an inch. I'll contact Darner. Thanks.

In loving memory of
    That would be the best method. Non-destructive testing can tell you if it has cracks and such, but not what it is.
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel