Thread: Locked & Loaded

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    Cool stuff but I hate hard to find ammo stuff. I'll just stick with easy to get .556.

Or this for my Big Bang fix.
    Hey Dave,

I know this is like asking "How high is up" but....................how much would you think it would cost me to build a rather standard run of the mill 5.56 AR? With some of the more desirable options not just "plain Jane" mil-spec??

Been thinking of building one but the local guys have a Colt for $850 and was wondering if I should go with that or build.......whatdoyathink??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Hey Dave,

I know this is like asking "How high is up" but....................how much would you think it would cost me to build a rather standard run of the mill 5.56 AR? With some of the more desirable options not just "plain Jane" mil-spec??

Been thinking of building one but the local guys have a Colt for $850 and was wondering if I should go with that or build.......whatdoyathink??
    Unless you want to have a different stock or different type of handguards I'd just buy that Colt. That's not a bad deal. I could probably build you one for a little cheaper but it won't be a Colt. Now if you want it like mine with the longer handguard, magpul stock, custom trigger etc, it's probably better to build one.

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    Unless you want to have a different stock or different type of handguards I'd just buy that Colt. That's not a bad deal. I could probably build you one for a little cheaper but it won't be a Colt. Now if you want it like mine with the longer handguard, magpul stock, custom trigger etc, it's probably better to build one.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Thanks
    If you just want a good shootin ar without all the custom crap we put on ours get the Colt.