Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friends at work

Friends at work

Kinda bummed here, have lost 3 in the last 3 months. First Kristen, who taught me a lot about working in an office environment. Next was John, who was my best friend that we did a lot things outside of work. Now is Corinne, who I work with on proposals and presentations and is leaving tomorrow. We say goodbye and promise to keep in touch but that soon diminishes. I miss the e-mail jokes and inner-office gossip from these guys.
    Have you got best friends at work?
    CH3NO2

My best friend in the world I met at work 23 years ago. It's kind of funny he's like 4 years younger then my dad but were like brother the way we act towards each other. It's actually strange that we even get along. We're total opposite politically, he can't change a light bulb without help, no cell phone or computer literacy but we get along great. Funny stuff.

I have no friends. One man wolfpack!

WMC
    WMC is my best friend!!! But I can relate from past jobs. It sucks to lose people you enjoy working with and hang out with and you're absolutely right about not keeping in touch. That part sucks! Wendi

That was the hardest thing when I sold my company, was losing touch with all the great people that I worked with for twenty years, but you make new one's when you're a pushy chit like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Kinda bummed here, have lost 3 in the last 3 months. First Kristen, who taught me a lot about working in an office environment. Next was John, who was my best friend that we did a lot things outside of work. Now is Corinne, who I work with on proposals and presentations and is leaving tomorrow. We say goodbye and promise to keep in touch but that soon diminishes. I miss the e-mail jokes and inner-office gossip from these guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I work with a bunch of guys who talk "trucker" talk or NASCAR all day... Ugh but occasionally we get women day players... Yippy someone to talk to

Quote Originally Posted by BrenMoto View Post
    I work with a bunch of guys who talk "trucker" talk or NASCAR all day... Ugh but occasionally we get women day players... Yippy someone to talk to

That's funny. My wife works with a bunch of bitches. See basically talks like me after hours. She would love to work with the trucker type -like me- but it doesn't pay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BrenMoto View Post

I consider myself lucky to work in a room of 8 cubicles that are all girls except me.
    You should hear the stuff they talk about, and most of the time their not whispering.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

I consider myself lucky to work in a room of 8 cubicles that are all girls except me.
    You should hear the stuff they talk about, and most of the time their not whispering.

CH3NO2
    I know I'm one of those girls ... Hehe, my guys at work get all embarrassed but I know they luv it