Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS Excel ?

MS Excel ?

Is there another way to populate columns with the same info other than right click, copy, highlight, and paste? Sometimes I have maybe 5 cells to fill and think there should be a faster way to do it with the control or shift key. I'm relatively new to Excel.
    CH3NO2

Wish I can help but I absolutely hate Excel!!!
    Maybe youtube.com???

Not sure I understand what you're asking. But if you have data in A1, you should be able to click the bottom right lower in cell A1, hold it, and drag it across to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Not sure I understand what you're asking. But if you have data in A1, you should be able to click the bottom right lower in cell A1, hold it, and drag it across to the right.
    That works, Thanks HB!
    CH3NO2

How about when entering a date? It wants to progress to next day. Can I change something to copy same date?
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    How about when entering a date? It wants to progress to next day. Can I change something to copy same date?
    You should be able to insert the absolute reference sign ($). You may have to enter it more than once depending on what you're doing.

Ok, for dates if you enter twice and then grab the cross it copies same date.
    CH3NO2

You can also enter the same data in two cells, say A1 & B1, highlight both cells, then drag the lower right across to the left.

You can also enter the same data in two cells, say A1 & B1, highlight both cells, then drag the lower right across to the left.
    Yea, I figured that out in post 7. What is the absolute reference? Sorry I'm self teaching here.
    CH3NO2

Yea, I figured that out in post 7. What is the absolute reference? Sorry I'm self teaching here.
    The dollar sign: $. So if you want to fix A1 so it doesn't update, enter: $A$1. If you want to fix only A, enter: $A1 and vice versa