Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    Thanks to everyone for the info and another thanks to Eli for all the info and help today over the phone! Definitely a nice group of people here!

Universal elements,

I think he has the money. I will be sending him a letter next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're very welcome! One step at a time. This will be fun. I may even come watch you in court.

Sent from my Bat Cave

Always Remember...

Its not always the amount of money owed it's The Principal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Like many other people have said....Getting a judgment is one story, collecting on it is another. I say let it go. Or at least make up some bullshit to sue for.....contact "John" on RDP if you need some ideas.
    Well, true, but to a point. If he is a halfway responsible guy with a decent score, he will want to protect that at all costs. Having a judgement on your TRW does amazing things to it. None of them good. He can kiss his hard earned score bye bye. They can attach his wages, if he has a job....there are ways to get her done. I do believe some rather unscrupulous collection agencies will buy the account from you also...after that, he truly is fucked. If you are going to send him a letter, make sure to advise him that he has a finite amount of time to amicably resolve this.......hope this helps....

The guy ended up calling me a couple days ago and said he'd pay me this week. He began to cry poor mouth and said he can't pay the full amount but we agreed on a number. I'll let you guys and gals know if we resolve this.