Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    I like burgers, but I also like tits... I'm feeling very conflicted right now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We got a local burger chain here, Nations. The best burger around. They have the great mayonnaise dressing, 2 slices of American cheese. Delicious.

I like worchesteshire on my burgers.

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    I like worchesteshire on my burgers.

Bench race driver of the NHRA 16X Castrol GTX Mustang
    I like the Worcestershire on pasta roni.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    This one's not a "catch 22" it's a "catch 44."

First and foremost, it's their sandbox and we are all guests --- Invited guests that they have every right to un-invite at their discretion.
    That being said, they then trust a third-party to administer the affairs of their site as moderator/administrator and turn over trust to said third-party who may not share 100% of the owner's values/beliefs/attitudes and who may get caught up in personal issues with members. I've seen sites lose a majority of their membership just for allowing the "wrong" person to act as moderator or administrator. Forum rules are very tough to decide upon but they are even tougher to enforce because no matter what rule you adopt, there will always be "certain" members who always seem to tread on the thin ice of breaking forum rules.

I'm glad I don't have to do it. I've read the posts of hundreds of people I would ban just for their stupidity, much less their abuses of the rules or other members.

But I do love a good burger . . .
    Doc I hope that's not the feeling around here. I don't like to think of this place as my sand box. This place was built for you, the members, not for the owners. That being said on occasion when someone takes a poop in the sandbox it has the be cleaned up. Rules are made to be broken, that's why we don't have a laundry list of SOP's or RnR's. Just a few very basic rules we want people to be aware of and follow so as not to poop in everyone's sand. A couple of the mods are regular members. We entrust them to enforce the rules. Based on the events that occurred last night, Admin2 took a very reasonable approach to the offense. I was the one who banned Grads today, after I gathered the facts. So I saw no personal conflict here, just the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Doc I hope that's not the feeling around here. I don't like to think of this place as my sand box. This place was built for you, the members, not for the owners. That being said on occasion when someone takes a poop in the sandbox it has the be cleaned up. Rules are made to be broken, that's why we don't have a laundry list of SOP's or RnR's. Just a few very basic rules we want people to be aware of and follow so as not to poop in everyone's sand. A couple of the mods are regular members. We entrust them to enforce the rules. Based on the events that occurred last night, Admin2 took a very reasonable approach to the offense. I was the one who banned Grads today, after I gathered the facts. So I saw no personal conflict here, just the opposite.
    I was speaking in forum generalities. I'm still here because I enjoy the dialogue and find it enjoyable and entertaining. I have not even logged on to my account in two other boat sites for the reasons I've stated. I'm aware that I am an acceptable loss in any forum and, as a result, I behave myself accordingly.

Truth be told, I was told the old Hotboat was a trainwreck and when this site came on line I registered in an effort to help this site become what it could be - an excellent resource and outlet for avid boaters. To date, it has continued to grow into just that and I appreciate my membership here.

As for the other two boating sites, one has a crotchety old hemorrhoid moderator that has personally decided to pick and choose who he likes and what he wants people to say while the other sandbox is so full of crap it has become completely "Brown" and it's beyond the point of finding any sand in there. Not worth cleaning out any more.
    The best things in life aren't things!

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I was speaking in forum generalities. I'm still here because I enjoy the dialogue and find it enjoyable and entertaining. I have not even logged on to my account in two other boat sites for the reasons I've stated. I'm aware that I am an acceptable loss in any forum and, as a result, I behave myself accordingly.

Truth be told, I was told the old Hotboat was a trainwreck and when this site came on line I registered in an effort to help this site become what it could be - an excellent resource and outlet for avid boaters. To date, it has continued to grow into just that and I appreciate my membership here.

As for the other two boating sites, one has a crotchety old hemorrhoid moderator that has personally decided to pick and choose who he likes and what he wants people to say while the other sandbox is so full of crap it has become completely "Brown" and it's beyond the point of finding any sand in there. Not worth cleaning out any more.
    Ok gotcha. I appreciate the feedback. We really are trying to make this a more enjoyable place for people to gather.

Best Hamburger I ever had

I really enjoy my time on hotboat.com or I wouldn't spend so much time here. I understand the concept of a "membership" and the value members have to Hotboat. However, I treat this place like I'm a guest and I follow rules. I don't abide by the concept of asking for forgiveness, so when in doubt, I always ask for permission. Albeit, I don't always get my desired response, I respect the decision makers.

It's a tough call to make sometimes. Thanks for doing a great job. I know I would hate to be a moderator.

I LOVE HAMBURGERS!
    Sent from my Bat Cave
    Last edited by Eli; 03-03-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Fuck grads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 460 View Post
    Fuck grads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You forgot to mention if you like hamburgers.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Now I want Slater's 50/50 for lunch!