Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Never ran a Fram, and never paid 20.00 for a filter. Even if every filter on the market was 25.00, I still wouldn't run a Fram. And I run two filters as well. I guess the idea of have a filter and engine failure is worth more than that to me.
    I try to buy as much American stuff as I can too, I don't know how anyone runs their boat, I only know mine and I don't run it hard, the Mercruiser filters are three times more expensive as Frams,
    I've been using them in my boats for thirty years and have never had a failure due to the oil or filter, but I change my oil more frequently than most, I appreciate your passion, but like everything else in this world "to each his own"

Used to run Fram Racing, but switched to K&N a few years ago when I heard Fram changed up there internals.

Baldwin B7

WESTERNAERO
    GN7, I would like to know what micron the filters are that you run. You said you run 2, are they the same micron? Or are they staged from large to small?

Lets see, do we go with paper end caps, or metal? MMMmmmmm, that's a tough one!

Pleat count, or total amount of filter media in the orange can Fram is kind of sad too.
    But hey, if you save 20 bucks a year, what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    Lets see, do we go with paper end caps, or metal? MMMmmmmm, that's a tough one!

Pleat count, or total amount of filter media in the orange can Fram is kind of sad too.
    But hey, if you save 20 bucks a year, what the hell.
    gn7, you definately have the facts to back up your claims, but your commentary is funny and the best part of your posts.

Dahm, does someone sell NAPA parts thanks for trying to help a brother out.

Who knows if one filter had 100 hours on it and the other had ten hours on it, I'm guessing your saying they both had the same hours on them.
    Last edited by 314joey; 09-18-2013 at 09:14 AM.

WESTERNAERO
    I think GN7's main objective with these types of deals is to get people to think for themselves. Do some research and don't believe the hype of the sales people or adds. I enjoy reading his "facts and absolutes" as somebody said.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    I think GN7's main objective with these types of deals is to get people to think for themselves. Do some research and don't believe the hype of the sales people or adds. I enjoy reading his "facts and absolutes" as somebody said.
    I apprectiate it too, it's more of the anger included with it.

WESTERNAERO
    Yeah I hear ya, kind of reminds me of my family. Old rodeo cowboys, tough and hard.