Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ogshotgun View Post
    its a two part dye one soaks in the other brings out the crack
    LOL wise delete. You are too in love with hearing yourself ramble.

I'd say if you don't know what you're talking about, you'll believe anything.
    Last edited by SnoC653; 02-03-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Denton, you might put a magnet to the shaft first. If it's lightly magnetic then it's most likely AQ17(17-4PH H1150).
    what would you recommend for my flat ?
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    LOL wise delete. You are too in love with hearing yourself ramble.

I'd say if you don't know what you're talking about, you'll believe anything.
    too bad you don't know what your talking about lol it was my drag car that was deleted not my comment about the dye lol
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

I would hate to lock a thread that actually has a lot of good boating content. But I will if I have to.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but it really needs to stop before it escalates.

I would kind of expect this in a Grads thread but I'm a little surprised to see it here.

Lets play nice please.

Thank you,
    HB

too bad you don't know what your talking about lol it was my drag car that was deleted not my comment about the dye lol
    And now you want me to believe you didn't just post a "fine then I won't post any more" thread and then delete it? You are dumber than a box of rocks. And the site owner probably has a record of all threads deleted or not. So if Hotboat can't find it, what does that tell you? Of course why should he waste his time looking up drivel to appease you?

Edit: Sorry HB was busy replying while you were posting. I'm done with him, there is only so much you can point out and he apparently won't get it.
    well in a drag boat with a drive you run off the fly wheel my friend .. and if they were jet boat headers they would be pointing forward since jet boats are a direct connect to the flywheel

WESTERNAERO
    what would you recommend for my flat ?
    Recommend for what, a prop shaft? I recommend you break out your wallet.
    I think Bob and I greed that K500 was a wise choice over on PB or it could have been here, I don't remember.
    Honestly, I feel the machining of the shaft is more important than the material type, as long as you go with a good material.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Can't afford to loose another inch. I'll contact Darner. Thanks.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens
    Amen brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    I would hate to lock a thread that actually has a lot of good boating content. But I will if I have to.

I'm not sure what exactly is going on here, but it really needs to stop before it escalates.

I would kind of expect this in a Grads thread but I'm a little surprised to see it here.

Lets play nice please.

Thank you,
    HB
    Vic, if you go around locking down every thread you don't agree with, the sites in deep shit. Boat TECH is not and never will be all kumbaya like you like it to be.
    OG comes out firing on the crowd, and you want everybody to put away the AR15s. Fuck that!
    He has bitched about wanting a boat discussion, here is a boat discussion,
    I couldn't help notice looking at his post history, that EVERY SINGLE post of his is in a thread about HIM and HIS boat, Not single post outside that EXCEPT to trash some threads in open discussion,
    He has added NOTHING to this forum outside his own boat. Who the fuck is he to trash anybody about not discussing boats in an open discussion forum. All he knows how to do is talk about HIS boat, and the anything else is actually factually WRONG.

I said this earlier, if Grads was going to start a boat related thread, this would be it.

All good info, thanks.

Blown Gas Flats to Rope...
    In loving memory of
    Chris "Church Mouse" Blevens

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Recommend for what, a prop shaft? I recommend you break out your wallet.
    I think Bob and I greed that K500 was a wise choice over on PB or it could have been here, I don't remember.
    Honestly, I feel the machining of the shaft is more important than the material type, as long as you go with a good material.
    I think it was discussed on both sites. I agree, machining is EXTEREMLY important. Not the accuracy like some might imagine, but the process, technique, method, is by far more important than most even realize,
    If I was to run a AQ22 shaft, I would get it thru Marine Machining and Manufacturing, only because they make more AQ22 shafts than anybody, and they have fully computerized machines setup that take into consideration the material, the diameter, the taper angle and adjusts the spindle speed as well as the feed speed for each situation.

I truly believe some of the failures experienced at the 336 enduro were very possibly due to manufacturing/machining.