Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Cannon Safes

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
    Any luck getting it opened?

CH3NO2
    Yes lol. Cannon told me to keep trying, to hit it (with my hand lol) above and below the key pad. After 50 tries it finally opened. So I removed the checks and closed it, then it wouldn't open again LOL. But after 3-4 tries it opened again. So definitely bad keypad. I left it open this time. New keypad should be here in a week. This time they wont have to drill it to open it, so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Interesting they're sending a keypad free of charge and she seemed to know that if I kept trying it would eventually open. Sounds like a common deal.

Do you know what brand the keypad is? That was an interesting read that 2MM posted up. My safe is a Bighorn from Costco.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Do you know what brand the keypad is? That was an interesting read that 2MM posted up. My safe is a Bighorn from Costco.

CH3NO2
    Not exactly. It really has no markings other than a cannon logo on the bottom. When the new one shows up I'll let everyone know. I was ready to torch it last night, but that would have burned up all the checks so no gain there

Should have bought a Liberty safe!!

Quote Originally Posted by pvhca1 View Post
    Should have bought a Liberty safe!!
    Didn't buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannon Safes

Can you post up what the safe cracker charges you to open it?

CH3NO2
    I can tell you what it cost to have one opened after it was in a fire. :(
    Last edited by djunkie; 02-05-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    I can tell you what it cost to have one opened after it was in a fire. :(
    What did it cost, were the contents still good?

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

What did it cost, were the contents still good?

CH3NO2
    $500. And yes everything surprisingly survived. It was a bad fire too.

Quote Originally Posted by djunkie View Post
    $500. And yes everything surprisingly survived. It was a bad fire too.
    Wow, mine is only 30 min fire rating, probably wouldn't fair well in a fire.

Had the crap scared out of me when the battery went dead first time thinking I should have changed the batt bf it went dead. New batt and it opened right up. I wish I would have gotten a dial though.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

Wow, mine is only 30 min fire rating, probably wouldn't fair well in a fire.

Had the crap scared out of me when the battery went dead first time thinking I should have changed the batt bf it went dead. New batt and it opened right up. I wish I would have gotten a dial though.

CH3NO2
    It was a cheaper sentry gun safe with only a 30 minute fire rating as well. The fire was hot. My dad's expedition lit up and destroyed the garage and everything inside. The safe was right next to where the fire started. The locksmith gave me shit that is was a crap safe. 8 hours later after he finally got it opened he retracted his statements. Lol. I have 2 safes now. One with a dial and one with an electronic lock. I like the electronic lock way better. I can get in it faster.