Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WMC View Post
    Competition is good

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    I agree that it's good! Just not when both sites are bad mouthing each other.

Gentlemen, let's all get our priorities straight here...we need to focus on planning a HotBoat After Party! Whoop whoop!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SFV2RVR View Post
    All of you guys need to get off this back and forth bullshit between RDP and Hotboat. Who gives a fuck who was banned on what site and what so and so said about this or that. Move fuckin on already! Just because he started a thread and it contained the words "where it all started" isn't some jab at your website. If you read the article and comprehended what it said, and you still don't understand why it was titled that, then maybe you should've been banned for being retarded!
    Actually I believe those particular words were used purposely. Dave's a smart cookie, some thought was put in to that.

I am the one who used that phrase here, but it honestly doesn't bother me. Was it a jab? I don't think so. I'm kind of flattered by it really.

Am I trashing rdp? not at all. Did I poke a little fun at the use of those words? Absolutely I did. I don't think it was a coincidence. But those are my feelings and I could be wrong.

I have no issue with Dave or rdp. I have friends there and I still consider them friends. I don't care who's site they're on, they're still good people.

As far as trash talking the competition? You'll never hear me do that. I welcome competition. Some of my best friends are competitors in my primary business.

This thread, like so many others, has gone sideways. But I'm not going to close it. I think we can get back on track and talk about bigger and better things like the LA Boat Show. An occasional poke here and there isn't a problem, as long as we don't dwell on it.

Happy Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by SFV2RVR View Post
    I wasn't banned from RDP! I'm just tired of hearing shit talked about Dave and Hotboat. It pretty much is the same thing as if you went into a business to have some work done to your boat, and the owner of the business started bad mouthing the competition. Rule #1 in business is never bad mouth your competition to make yourself look better! It only makes you look worse IMO.

I guess Marc, that I don't see the two sites as competitors.... I see them as opposites. So I'm not sure badmouthing them is a proper description here....I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Tishimself View Post
    I guess Marc, that I don't see the two sites as competitors.... I see them as opposites. So I'm not sure badmouthing them is a proper description here....I don't know...
    Competitors are 2 people (or boating websites for this matter) that have the same agenda and interests and use advertising to make a profit. Maybe I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I see an RT99, Napanutt, Grads carpool to L.A..
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs.daytona View Post
    Excellent, I will fly down with the wives and we will enjoy Mimosas and Bloody Marys on the plane. Meet you boys at the hotel
    If I can make it, I will most likely fly also.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    She's trying to get someone to drive with Grads...take one for the team!

Sent from my Bat Cave!!!

WMC
    Marc dave knew what he was doing he saw the new bad ass shirts with our tag line and he wanted to show Rdp where it all started... no big deal deal. Someone saw it and said something.. no big deal. So let's not make it a big deal. Rdp can't hurt hot boat.com and hot boat.com can't hurt Rdp.... What our tag line means to me is this....hotboat.com was the first big boating forum..... "Where it all started" that's the way I take it. Now are you going to the boat show and are we having drinks?

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I see an RT99, Napanutt, Grads carpool to L.A..
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat99 View Post
    I don't particularly need to fly. If I make it I'd probably drive down.

Quote Originally Posted by WMC View Post
    Marc dave knew what he was doing he saw the new bad ass shirts with our tag line and he wanted to show Rdp where it all started... no big deal deal. Someone saw it and said something.. no big deal. So let's not make it a big deal. Rdp can't hurt hot boat.com and hot boat.com can't hurt Rdp.... What our tag line means to me is this....hotboat.com was the first big boating forum..... "Where it all started" that's the way I take it. Now are you going to the boat show and are we having drinks?

Well then he has no right to that line at all. RDP was one of two sites that filled in the void after the collapse of the original HB. People migrated to one or the other or sometimes both. Over time they found a home. With the reemergence of HB, that term "where it all started" is true only for this site, no others. He has no right or reason to ever use that tag line for any reason. In the instance of RDP, it's a blatant lie.