Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker 300

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Best thing ever? Not sure about that. But an event is an event. Welcome to hotboat.com
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bb88 View Post
    Thank you
    You're very welcome. Did you attend the Enduro?

I did and have mixed emotions. I am not a huge poster on either site. But I see it ALL (avid follower on a few forums) . With any attempt at revitalization ( yes I said revitalization) it takes key players to be all in. I didn't see that with this dying sport. Sad. If the effort was put towards the betterment of the sport instead of protecting ones ego, the sport would be secured for our kids. At this rate, my eight month old won't be able to enjoy it.

I did and have mixed emotions. I am not a huge poster on either site. But I see it ALL (avid follower on a few forums) . With any attempt at revitalization ( yes I said revitalization) it takes key players to be all in. I didn't see that with this dying sport. Sad. If the effort was put towards the betterment of the sport instead of protecting ones ego, the sport would be secured for our kids. At this rate, my eight month old won't be able to enjoy it.
    What did you like about it and what do you think needs improvement? Unfortunately I couldn't attend. Even if I did, not being a racer, I'm not sure I could pass judgment. Are you a racer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    What did you like about it and what do you think needs improvement? Unfortunately I couldn't attend. Even if I did, not being a racer, I'm not sure I could pass judgment. Are you a racer?
    No I am not a racer. Why should you or I not be able to pass judgment as fans of the sport? Are you not aware that sports are profitable because of the fans that follow them, not the participants. Sponsorship is certainly not geared towards advertising to the participants of the sport. Its for the fans. Why didn't you cover it? Does ABC not cover the World Series presented by FOX? The improvements are needed at the root level. The legends and new comers need to be all in, together.

I take it you did not see the 300 as a "revitalization" of the race, and you give zero credit to those that developed the CURRENT format plagiarized by the current promoter from those that developed the format 8 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    I take it you did not see the 300 as a "revitalization" of the race, and you give zero credit to those that developed the CURRENT format plagiarized by the current promoter from those that developed the format 8 years ago?
    And why couldn't the " current" promoter make the deal if it was working so well?

And why couldn't the " current" promoter make the deal if it was working so well?
    Trust me. he will be putting one in somewhere else again. And it won't have speed limits.
    28 total boats entered, less than that started the race. WORST previous year was 35 boats. This was the "revitalization" you're raving about?

Did YOU put a boat out there to preserve the sport for your kid? Did you put a boat in the previous 300 to help preserve the sport for your kid? Will YOU be putting a boat on the water Thankgiving weekend at Bluewater to help preserve the sport for your kid.
    '
    Or do YOU just expect everybody else to spend their money to help preserve the sport for your kid?
    Last edited by gn7; 10-27-2013 at 11:53 AM.

No I am not a racer. Why should you or I not be able to pass judgment as fans of the sport? Are you not aware that sports are profitable because of the fans that follow them, not the participants. Sponsorship is certainly not geared towards advertising to the participants of the sport. Its for the fans. Why didn't you cover it? Does ABC not cover the World Series presented by FOX? The improvements are needed at the root level. The legends and new comers need to be all in, together.
    You make a valid point, point taken. I've heard from several "spectators", and they all enjoyed the race. I wasn't there, so I can't comment. You bring another valid point in regard to coverage. I agree, the more coverage any event can get, the better off everyone is. That's pretty basic stuff really. The problem with this particular race is it was sponsored, promoted, and controlled by rdp. It was far from neutral as far as boating websites are concerned. It was an rdp event, 100%, and that's fine. We have no issue with that. However when you take this kind of position, you are always going to leave other sites sitting by the curb. Presented by, without the controlling factor, is different deal. There is still some neutrality. Other sites might be more inclined to attend. As a boating site operator who wants to bring the best coverage to their members, for this particular event, one word kind of sums this up for me. Myopic.

Well said