Quote Originally Posted by bb88 View Post
No I am not a racer. Why should you or I not be able to pass judgment as fans of the sport? Are you not aware that sports are profitable because of the fans that follow them, not the participants. Sponsorship is certainly not geared towards advertising to the participants of the sport. Its for the fans. Why didn't you cover it? Does ABC not cover the World Series presented by FOX? The improvements are needed at the root level. The legends and new comers need to be all in, together.
So you don't actually race a boat to preserve the sport for your kid, but YOU think that others should dump 5000.00 plus to run this race just to save it for your kid, and those that don't SUCK! Wouldn't YOU fall under that description for somebody else's kid? Why did YOU put a boat out there for my neighbor's kid. These guys owe to your or anybody else's kid to spend that kind of money to entertain your ass? They are making a living at this like baseball and football players.
You get a liitle sick hearing from the "crowd" how you suck if you don't run this race.
Be thankful and grateful for the ones that did run the race, and stop bitching about those that didn't, OR GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE!!