Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    What kinda boat is this going in?

Re: Mild pump gas 454 build and dyno test.

Nice write up bro!

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    Very cool build!
    Quote Originally Posted by rivermobster View Post
    Nice write up bro!
    Thanks guys,, put this one together a few years ago for a jet boat. First outing, before he did anything to the pump, he beat a boat with 100 more cubic inches.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    he beat a boat with 100 more cubic inches.
    You can't shake a stick at that.

Just read this for the first time. Great read! I did have a few questions:

1. I didn't see any mention of you hanging the rods or filing piston rings. Is that something top secret?

2. I noticed that you used what appears to be a stock GM balancer. I was surprised to see you run this instead of a decent after market piece that is but together a little better. Comments?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just read this for the first time. Great read! I did have a few questions:

1. I didn't see any mention of you hanging the rods or filing piston rings. Is that something top secret?

2. I noticed that you used what appears to be a stock GM balancer. I was surprised to see you run this instead of a decent after market piece that is but together a little better. Comments?

Brian
    This started off as a mild budget build and escalated as it went, it's possible those Hastings rings were pre gapped and just checked for minimum clearance. Same thing with the damper, it started off with a goal of 500 HP. Some of the spiffy looking budget aftermarket dampers seem to be worse than GM, on a more expensive build, certainly better parts are chosen and used. Nothing special on hanging the pistons, bronze bushed rods, the pistons have spirolocks.

You can see how long since anyone commented on this thread,, it takes quite a bit of time to shoot photos, especially when you consider I need to stop what I am doing and wash my hands to handle the camera, and then several hours of writing and photo editing to post. Maybe it's time to look through some photos and write up something new. I was at Parker over the weekend and there were several boats with forced induction engines that I put together running this weekend.

Re: Mild pump gas 454 build and dyno test.

That looks liks a nice build. I hope to do that on my motor which is a 468 roller now. Maybe make some more cubic inch improvements. :-)