Looking to buy a newer used truck

Hey inmates I'm looking to buy a newer used 3/4 ton 4x4 Chevy or GMC diesel cc longbed. Any suggestions or referrals to point me in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Wish I knew too... looking more for Fords but amazed how hard shopping has been
    One thing I have noticed, LOOK OUT for Canadian trucks.
    Read that it is easier to show a clean Car Fax, the exchange rate makes it better for sellers, more corrosion from salt/chloride, and possible issues with factory warranty claims in US for Canadian born trucks.
    I been seeing so many Canadian trucks that I started researching a little and found a lot of stories about these things.
    RSCHAP1

And they’re slower than frozen honey, eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    Wish I knew too... looking more for Fords but amazed how hard shopping has been
    One thing I have noticed, LOOK OUT for Canadian trucks.
    Read that it is easier to show a clean Car Fax, the exchange rate makes it better for sellers, more corrosion from salt/chloride, and possible issues with factory warranty claims in US for Canadian born trucks.
    I been seeing so many Canadian trucks that I started researching a little and found a lot of stories about these things.
    I'm leaning towards DODGE 2500 w/ Cummins diesel. My buddy just bought new Chevy doesn't like the gas mileage. My concrete guy had a Chevy got rid of it for the Dodge and he says the Dodge is 5x better.

Quote Originally Posted by LB247XS View Post
    Hey inmates I'm looking to buy a newer used 3/4 ton 4x4 Chevy or GMC diesel cc longbed. Any suggestions or referrals to point me in the right direction.

I'm not on FB anymore. But I bought two used vehicles off there and had good luck with both. Their search is geographical, so you may have to broaden your search.

Quote Originally Posted by LB247XS View Post
    I'm leaning towards DODGE 2500 w/ Cummins diesel. My buddy just bought new Chevy doesn't like the gas mileage. My concrete guy had a Chevy got rid of it for the Dodge and he says the Dodge is 5x better.

I just offed a 2015 Dodge with the Cummins for a new GMC as the mileage on the Cummins was terrible, throttle response sucked, and it was getting ready to be out of warranty. Had an issue with what is essentially a window actuator that controls the variable vane turbo, and even with a 100K fleet power train warranty, the dealer initially didn't want to cover it under warranty. Repair cost was upwards of $4K for them to handle the repair, which was an $800 part, a few bolts and coolant level drop for the repair. The hardest part would be timing the unit as you have to have the computer to do that. They ultimately warrantied the whole turbo, which had a new actuator on it already. I was gun shy after that experience.

With the 10 speed Allison, I'm seeing 16 mpg regularly around town and have seen 23 going down the highway at a reasonable speed. At an unreasonable speed, it's still 17 or so. That's running 35's as well. Factory tires were 34's so it's not a big step up size wise, but they are heavier than stock.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.