To suit or not to suit

A friend recently had to appear in court and may have blown what little credibility he had with the judge as he did not wear a suit. Hell, he didnt even wear a tie. He wore jeans and a button down shirt. Though he did say he tucked in his shirt and wore a belt. For what he normally wears I suppose this was better than shorts and a tank top. But not by much.

They say the appearance somewhat dictates the dress code. But I've always felt just the opposite.

If you're gonna go in front of a judge who has the ability to make a ruling over you, a ruling for you, a ruling for your life, your personal property, or your personal freedom, you better damn well wear a suit.

Now I get sometimes you dont have the ability to wear what you want, but if you're standing on the free bird side of the stand, you better damn well be dressed to impress. I'm not saying Gucci, Dries Van Noten, Boglioli, Bottega Veneta, you know, the good stuff. But it also better not be a Where's Waldo or Leisure Suit Larry special.

In the past I've had to appear before a judge on occasion. Back before I had all my suits confiscated by my ex, I had several to choose from. The only decision I had to make on court day was usually based on weather and what was back from the cleaners. But I think all my suits were from Nordy. One of my absolute favorite places to shop back in the day.

The last suit I bought was a absolutely amazing Canali that I had tailored for my abundant stature. A very nice charcoal grey striped suit that meshed well with almost any other color. I purposely chose this color as I knew I wouldn't be purchasing many more, if any, suits in the future. So its my go to for such an occasion. Not a cheap suit by any means, but it also doesnt look GQ and definitely does not say "hey look at me I'm a loaded goon". It is a very respectable suit that is super comfortable to wear.

I'm actually trying to figure out when I can wear this in the future now that I bring it up.

Anyway, I told my buddy he fucked up royally and more than likely they're gonna throw the book, book case, possibly whole library at him for wearing shit to court. He wasn't too happy with my suit speel.

What do you wear to court?

Always a suit and clean shave. Best impression, hands down.

2 places you wear your nice clothes .....
    1- court
    2- church

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk