Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

There is a good chance...

This place will cease to exist at the end of December. I simply cannot afford to continue to pay the hosting fees. Over the years I've spent a small fortune attempting to keep this place going. And to be honest, I haven't done a very good job. I have not been able to commit the time and effort to do that. Its unfortunate because Hotboat.com was the original, the first, and the biggest boating site out there back in the day. Sort of a failure on my part to keep it alive. Social media has taken a toll on all sites similar to this.

Unless a small miracle occurs between now and the end of the year, the site will go dormant. I will retain ownership of the url for now. What I will do with it is uncertain. I will keep the FB and IG going for now.

I want to thank all of you who did your best to post here and provide some content. You guys and gals rock.

I also want to thank our advertisers and sponsors and supporters. Without you we wouldn't have made it this far.

7 years is a nice run. Many things have changed in that time. Friendships lost, family lost, and relationships lost. On the flip side I've made hundreds of new friends and gained a ton of knowledge. I've also remarried, something I never thought I'd do. I've also found out who I can count on, and who, though they said they never would, has taken pleasure in driving knives in to my back. But thank you for that, always good to know who's in your corner.

Ciao for now friends

Gotta do what makes sense for you. The content on all the forums around the net, regardless of flavor, seem to be slowing as things shift to faceyspace and the like. Lots of great content over here that would be a shame to lose.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    Gotta do what makes sense for you. The content on all the forums around the net, regardless of flavor, seem to be slowing as things shift to faceyspace and the like. Lots of great content over here that would be a shame to lose.
    I am looking at self hosting. It’ll be painfully slow depending on users but at least not 100% gone. Also backing up the site so nothings lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    I am looking at self hosting. It’ll be painfully slow depending on users but at least not 100% gone. Also backing up the site so nothings lost

I might know someone who can help. Total internet domination, coming right up!

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I might know someone who can help. Total internet domination, coming right up!
    Oh god no thanks lol

So the miracle is them charging your card early? lol

Have you tried a different prop?

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    So the miracle is them charging your card early? lol
    Correct

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I know a guy.......

Well Vic, looks like another year....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk