Thank you River Dave and the RDP peeps

5 weeks ago yesterday i was involved in a pretty serious boring accident that nearly took my life as well as my fiancées life. Fortunately someone was looking out for us. Though our injuries are fairly serious, we will both make a full recovery.

These past 5 weeks have been very difficult. We were both hospitalized for 7 and 8 days. My fiancée could not make the trip Home after being released from the hospital so she had to stay in Havasu for nearly another two weeks.

I was able to return home about a week after being released and against doctors orders returned to work a few days after that.

I have ten broken ribs with some being broken more than once. So i now have 5 plates. That operation took place the Monday following the accident. Marlee has a broken tibia, a few serious lacerations and some fractured vertebrae.

Marlee was transported to Havasu, i was flown to Goodyear Az because i was non responsive and the EMT’s feared i had internal injuries. Turns out i had a partially collapsed lung and a pretty severe concussion.

We are both home now and doing our best to take care of each other.

During the time i was in the hospital i got numerous calls and texts from fellow boaters asking if there was anything they could do to help. I even got a visit from 460 (Tyro). Thank you Tyro.

But it wasn’t until today that i was told there was a thread on RDP about the crash. The outpour of well wishes was overwhelming. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Talk about a good feeling to see all the positive posts both from people i know and people I’ve never met. With the exception of one. To that one person, who wasn’t even here the day or even week of the accident, get your facts straight before you put your foot in your piehole. If you have a problem with me, walk your ass over to my house and let me know about it.

My old Playcraft is a total loss. Fortunately State Farm is going to total it out. In the meantime last week i picked up an extremely clean Playcraft from Maxed Out Marine and Outdrive1 Paul. Thank you for putting together the deal. I still can’t believe how clean the boat is.

Thank you all!
    HB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new toon

Name:  IMG_5698.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  403.6 KB

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    I did go to RDP to get details initially...

Lots of peeps there were showing love and concern for our beloved HOMER and Marlee.

Kudos to that crew including RD himself who was very cool about it all and equally as sincerely concerned.

Thats what boating is about, good times, good peeps, staying close and connected...

-In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    I did go to RDP to get details initially...

Lots of peeps there were showing love and concern for our beloved HOMER and Marlee.

Kudos to that crew including RD himself who was very cool about it all and equally as sincerely concerned.

Thats what boating is about, good times, good peeps, staying close and connected...

Exactly. Very cool post