Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    A few more blown drives and the whacker conversation should be easier to have.

Great pics!
    Maybe when hell is a chilly 32 degrees lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Maybe when hell is a chilly 32 degrees lol

I didn't say it was going to be an easy sell, I just said the conversation will be easier.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I didn't say it was going to be an easy sell, I just said the conversation will be easier.
    I already have one on my weed whacker lol

That’s true! But you’re kind of marrying Miss Outboard so you may have to bend a little bit

I think you have a good point though, I’ve yet to be around with a blown drive

Like my dad says.... I have no problem with car engines. Every car I’ve ever owned has had one in it!
    & every boat I’ve ever owned has had a real BOAT engine on it.

I'm going to spend some time in the very near future with a pair of Merc 400's. I'm looking forward to getting to know them as I think that's a bit of a game changer, at least until the 500's come out.

If you like car boat engines, you could always opt for a pair of Seven Marines with the Caddy engines. Personally I think they're a bit of a novelty as the weight and cost are prohibitive, but they do look and sound cool.

Sure. Next they’ll be touting the Wankel as the next revolutionary (pun intended) savior of the boating industry. Or better yet, pack in some gel cells and wire them up to your Dyson double D series wound clamp ons.

No thanks. Hopefully i die before I’m forced to recharge my “performance” boat batteries lol

If i ever feel the need to scoot across the pacific, I’ll make sure to get a room with a balcony and I’ll definitely pay for the unlimited alcohol upgrade

Side note — I’m probably shooting myself in the foot with this, but it’s a cool story! When my cousin Chad was a kid he actually DID make an outboard out of a Weedeater

& hey if you need some props for those new 400’s, I know a guy

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Sure. Next they’ll be touting the Wankel as the next revolutionary (pun intended) savior of the boating industry. Or better yet, pack in some gel cells and wire them up to your Dyson double D series wound clamp ons.

No thanks. Hopefully i die before I’m forced to recharge my “performance” boat batteries lol

If i ever feel the need to scoot across the pacific, I’ll make sure to get a room with a balcony and I’ll definitely pay for the unlimited alcohol upgrade

Ask and you shall receive:

Before the LS platform became huge at the dunes, there were a handful of rotary powered rails running around out there that ran with the crew I would hangout with. Twin rotors on alcohol were common, but there was a 2 seater with a triple rotor and twin turbo setup on alcohol that I remember that was just violent.

You are certainly protesting this outboard thing a whole bunch, which thinks you're on the verge of pulling the trigger on one.

Quote Originally Posted by MarleeHill View Post
    & hey if you need some props for those new 400’s, I know a guy
    It's on a 36' center console in Florida so I don't know that cleavers would be the right prop for the application as it's not setup to run surfacing. Am interested to see how it does.