1984 Cole V-Drive

I have a TR4, ( what registration paper says, and VIN on back of hull) but a friend of mine said he thought it was a TR2.
    Wondering what year the TR4 was made. What makes it different from a TR2? What would be a sign it's a TR4? Thanks.

The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the deck is different. It has a raised deck instead of the regular deck.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by FC-Pilot View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is the fact that the deck is different. It has a raised deck instead of the regular deck.

Paul
    Thanks FC-Pilot. Sorry for not getting back with you earlier. I have looked all over the Internet at different Cole hulls. The pictures I found about TR4's have a raised deck. Some pictures that look like TR4's say they are TR2's. Maybe they don't really know what they have! LOL! I talked with Jim Cole years ago about my boat, should have given him the VIN to look up, and really know. The title or bill of sale says TR4, but a friend of mine thinks it could be a TR2. Would love to find out who might have some build sheets about Jim's boats. Anyway, I'll try to post a couple of pictures of it. Motor is out, in process of building it back. Thanks again. MikeName:  P_20180731_183521_LL.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  533.7 KBName:  P_20180731_183438_LL.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  521.8 KB

That is a TR-4 it has a raised deck and is the new style where the deck meets the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Man View Post
    Thanks FC-Pilot. Sorry for not getting back with you earlier. I have looked all over the Internet at different Cole hulls. The pictures I found about TR4's have a raised deck. Some pictures that look like TR4's say they are TR2's. Maybe they don't really know what they have! LOL! I talked with Jim Cole years ago about my boat, should have given him the VIN to look up, and really know. The title or bill of sale says TR4, but a friend of mine thinks it could be a TR2. Would love to find out who might have some build sheets about Jim's boats. Anyway, I'll try to post a couple of pictures of it. Motor is out, in process of building it back. Thanks again. MikeName:  P_20180731_183521_LL.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  533.7 KBName:  P_20180731_183438_LL.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  521.8 KB