Thread: new to forum

blower pulley problem

I hope iam posting in the right place.
    I have a question,i need help with.so I just got a drag hydro I put my bbc gen6 454 in it I have a 671 bds blower I just installed.my engine has the harmonic balancer on it and my bottom pully wont bolt on theres only 3 screw holes on the balancer the pully is 56 tooth and has 6 bolt holes what do I need to do .any help would be great tnx
    Last edited by coldhorce; 05-09-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Welcome to www.hotboat.com

Feel free to post anywhere you’d like.

There are a few people here I’m sure who can help. I’ll see if i can rattle them in to a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome

You don't need to run a harmonic balancer with a blower The belt will take care of the engine harmonics.
    You need to get a Blower crank hub with a degree wheel. It has the six 3/8-24 holes to bolt up the blower pulley

Also I just remembered Your Balancer will have one 3/16 keyway The blower hub will have two 1/4" Keyway's
    The crank needs to be milled for the two 1/4 keyways. You can buy a 1/4-3/16 step key stock. I wouldn't recommend it
    Especially if you race it or run a high boost, I will snap the key off.
    You might get away with it running low boost with a small 671 blower, with red loctite and tighten the shit out of a ARP crank bolt.
    The first time the blower backfires It will probably snap the key off.

great thankyou for the help