Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Paging 2ff rv question please

bought a 24' toon towing weight is 4800 lbs. now need to buy a full size truck. Also looking at class c RV , Quantum 24' or 26' both with ford gas V10's the question I would like ask is how well the rv will tow the toon. never owned a toon, and its been years since I owned an rv. thanks in advance.

Paging 2ff rv question please

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    bought a 24' toon towing weight is 4800 lbs. now need to buy a full size truck. Also looking at class c RV , Quantum 24' or 26' both with ford gas V10's the question I would like ask is how well the rv will tow the toon. never owned a toon, and its been years since I owned an rv. thanks in advance.
    Is this an RV site?
    Last edited by 28eliminator; 03-29-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    It might be years before you get a reply from him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    maybe he will see this, he the resident expert but anyone can put in their 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    maybe he will see this, he the resident expert but anyone can put in their 2cents
    I was on TT and thought this was posted on “the other site”... oops.
    He’ll answer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

I had a 31' class C with the V10. I had a 20' enclosed trailer with the desert toys in it. Pretty sure I was close to the weight you are talking about and it towed it without problems. Going up the grade from El centro to San Diego I would maintain 50-55 MPH. I did have trailer brakes, so that made the stopping easier. Will the toon trailer have brakes?

the v-10 will tow the toon with ease...I've towed 10 k with those class c's... the best upgrade will be the 5 star tune and the sumo' springs...most come with a 5k hitch that can e modified to a 10k easy...but, I see people towing way over 5k with the same hitch,... I own a fab/ muffler shop so I always up grade the hitch

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynandBob View Post
    I had a 31' class C with the V10. I had a 20' enclosed trailer with the desert toys in it. Pretty sure I was close to the weight you are talking about and it towed it without problems. Going up the grade from El centro to San Diego I would maintain 50-55 MPH. I did have trailer brakes, so that made the stopping easier. Will the toon trailer have brakes?
    most all boat trailers have surge brakes....best to check and make sure they work, if the coach is a E450...??? they are pretty stout

I tow 10k with this little E350....no problem...

Carolynandbob, yes brakes & dual axle trailer.

2FF its the E350, still on the fence if I need an RV or just a full size pickup. some of the trucks & some of the RV's are pretty close in price. were really not familiar with the RV lifestyle. we mainly stay at Best Western.