Size:  1.89 MBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 252
Size:  1.88 MBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  1.81 MBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 235
Size:  1.98 MB

Hello everyone,
    My name is John and im new to this forum. I am just finishing a long project and was hoping for some rigging advice.
    I made this carbon fiber hull from my own molds off a plug i messed with for a couple years - I have no idea if this thing is going to work but its time to find out!

hull

length is 16 ft 8 inches with the 10 inch cav plates
    width at transom is 60 inches
    widest part is 76 inches
    5/8 runner
    3/4 inch V
    reverse dihedral chines like a jet ski
    bottom has a 1/4 inch stepright where bottom gets absolutely flat
    Chines have 3/4 inch step
    boat is glass and carbon fiber
    floor has a solid piece of birch 1/2 inch thick running transom to about 18 inches from bow laminated in for a super rigid bottom-
    2x6 laminated plywood stringers run transom to bow- tapering to 1 inch at bow
    1 bulkhead at 24 inches back from bow
    1 bulkhead just under deck as normally done
    integral 10 gallon glass fuel tanks on both sides fully boxed in to sides and stringers
    1.5 inch thick transom
    hull weighs 675 lbs- estimated

engine - 454 LS6 with forged pistons and full floating pins - forged and crossdrilled and nitrided crank- forged hbeem chevy performance dimple 7/16 rods with Arp bolts
    milodon gear drive - enderle 80a pump and billet water pump cam driven
    990 square port heads fiully ported and polished gasket matched to the big felpro gaskets
    BDS intake with pop off valve 871 BDS supercharger without teflon- set up
    tight though with anodized rotors
    enderle bug catcher
    2 1/4 zoomies

10 degree casale and a 12 degree both with whirlaways

8 degree steel strut

its a clean bottom no holes yet

think maybe younguys could help me -

ill tell you right now

i have no idea what im doing from here or who is gunna be dumb enough to drive this thing - my passion is building
    not driving

Wow it looks like its going to be gorgeous!

There are a couple people here I'm sure will chime in, give them a bit.

Thank you for posting and welcome to www.hotboat.com !!

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Wow it looks like its going to be gorgeous!

There are a couple people here I'm sure will chime in, give them a bit.

Thank you for posting and welcome to www.hotboat.com !!
    Thank you very much- this was only accomplished by the enjoyment of the work involved- the amount of hours that went into it were 10 times what I had anticipated- however- sure will be neat if it actually works like I hope - I sure could use help with the strut - if I do it - it will be a guess with no actual real world experience - im excited !!
    If you can Imagine It- we can make it!

Well guys I figured this was going to be a problem- nobody has any data on a creation even close to this- Soooo I have a picture of a boat that is set up and balanced perfectly - the picture is a full side shot with the whole boat in the air- the boat I believe is a 19 ft sanger - im going to find the CG of my boat and use this picture as my only guide and WING IT I guess- speaking of Wing - I made a mold for a wing too- that will also be carbon fiber --
    im going to go post on performance boats page and see if anyone can help there as well and will keep you all up to date on how this goes - exciting times-

I sure could use some experienced advice on where to set this strut - I am all done with performance boats website- it freezes - does not let me in half the time- and I never have any issues here or at RDP- anyone out there that can help ? I sure don't want to end up cutting new holes- took me a long long time to gelcoat the grafix-
    hopefully someone will help- thanks in advance --

Very cool...esp. the step! Probably should post this on Performance Boats site under v-drives....

Quote Originally Posted by dekman View Post
    Very cool...esp. the step! Probably should post this on Performance Boats site under v-drives....
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfunco View Post
    I sure could use some experienced advice on where to set this strut - I am all done with performance boats website- it freezes - does not let me in half the time- and I never have any issues here or at RDP- anyone out there that can help ? I sure don't want to end up cutting new holes- took me a long long time to gelcoat the grafix-
    hopefully someone will help- thanks in advance --
    Rankin and Gordy know the strut/drill/hole saw/dimensions/geometry/C.G. stuff like the back of their hand... There are gents on here that should have some insight for you, I know that there are several on here that have set them up from scratch as well...

Chris & Joe & Spike & Buzz & Paul & AHOLE HICK...

All I can tell you for sure is that your prop should be SUPER close to your strut... Like .020 - .040 between the two... SO, you can work backwards from your theoretical/ideal prop location.
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 06-04-2018 at 10:21 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

That's a lot of motor for experimenting with.

John did you get some help on installing the strut in the right place yet?

Those struts have to be perfectly in the right place which I'm sure you know.