Thread: Conspiracies!

Conspiracies!

Now I'm not a conspiracy theorist but when it comes to car dealership and their technicians, it's hard not to believe that they are not out to get us. I've taken my vehicle to the dealership around the corner from my office twice now and both times I've had an issue with my vehicle the following week.

First time the batter dies the following week and I need to replace it. Never an issue before. The guy gave me a laundry list of things he thought needed to be done and I told him I do those things myself and just needed him to change the oil.

This past week I went in there and discussed getting a second key as I lost my spare fob. He threw out the price and I told him I'd think about it. Suddenly this week, my current fob starts working intermittently. Changed the battery and we'll see how that goes when I go out for lunch. Idling started acting funny as well, being a little rough at stop lights.

I know these aren't big things but I would feel better if they didn't happen the week after being at the dealer.

Its the Russians.

I'm having the same issues

As a former new car dealer owner I can tell you with absolute certainy that we released car gremlins when cars were in the shop....or at least it seemed that way since loads of customers told me so....LOL
    Incredibly, when we changed oil shortly thereafter the window broke, or after rotating tires the paint faded. Amazing how good them gremlins are

I love my wife, my wife lives me. What a great world!!
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Collusion...........that seems to be the new big word for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    As a former new car dealer owner I can tell you with absolute certainy that we released car gremlins when cars were in the shop....or at least it seemed that way since loads of customers told me so....LOL
    Incredibly, when we changed oil shortly thereafter the window broke, or after rotating tires the paint faded. Amazing how good them gremlins are
    We have found our whistleblower! Time to turn the industry upside down!

only reason I go to dealer for scheduled service is so no warranty issue incase something goes wrong, truck fairly new.

they ALWAYS try to add something for extra charge to a basic oil change. Like a cabin filter, brake fluid exchange, tire rotation and on & on

but they do wash truck for free.