Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

Showtime documentaries...

I've watch:

Beach Boys/making pet sounds

All Things/Tower Records...

They made me think of all my CALI friends....... I really enjoyed these two........

Any suggestions? I may get a subscription and watch online... The two that I have watched were VERY well done IMHO...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

TV? whats that?

Have you ever seen the documentary called "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown"? I have a copy. Fantastic story of the Motown musicians who played on all of the Motown artists hits. Unless you are a musician, you've probably never ever heard of any of these people, who referred to themselves loosely as the "Funk Brothers" collectively. Worth any music lover's time to watch.

"Dirty Money" about the VW Diesel scam

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Have you ever seen the documentary called "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown"? I have a copy. Fantastic story of the Motown musicians who played on all of the Motown artists hits. Unless you are a musician, you've probably never ever heard of any of these people, who referred to themselves loosely as the "Funk Brothers" collectively. Worth any music lover's time to watch.
    Mr Spike my friend, I started watching the various trailers on YTube for that documentary... Pretty cool, one more to add to my list of items to watch at 2AM when I can't sleep...

My music tastes span a wide spectrum of time and space... Ike and Tina had a club in STL where he would regularly beat her down, Miles Davis was a home town boy (I was a trumpeter once upon a time), and you have heard me talk of Chuck the perv Berry being a native of my county... I like it all...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by westair View Post
    "Dirty Money" about the VW Diesel scam

Westair, I am now hearing that there are OTHER manufacturers involved in that little SMOG scam besides VW...

I just watched another interesting one called "atomic homefront" on HBO about the yellow cake uranium enrichment program for the Manhattan Project in WWII, the enrichment happened right here in STL on the banks of the Mississippi and the waste ended up LITERALLY in the back yard (in the west lake landfill which is burning underground) of my friends industrial transmission shop just west of downtown... Pretty frightening, it is one of the many superfund cleanup sites that our wonderful EPA refuses to deal with...

NOT showtime, but rather HBO... This looks interesting...