Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flu

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    Twice for me... the first time with a sinus infection and Zpack... the second time I ended up with bad bronchitis and the big 900mg horse pill antibiotics, prednisone inhaler and prednisone pills in the 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 blister pack... It took 5+ weeks to get rid of the cough
    This flu is the devil. Amy and I got it right before Christmas. Amy got the sinus infection like you did. Dr put her on 2 rounds of antibiotics. Unfortunately she still got the bronchitis. The antibiotics messed with her body really bad. Dr had her on prednisone pills and it was not good. After 2, she had to leave work and go to DR. Pale, sweating and trouble breathing. She did not fight the virus and it has caused troubles with her lungs and heart. Her resting heart rate is anywhere from 15-20 bpm higher than her normal. Also had her heart just pounding and trouble breathing. Stopped mid way through second round of antibiotics. She has been to lung DR and cardiologist. All seems okay, EKG, she has 99% oxygen level. She is living on benadryl. With her asthma being allergy induced, and her body unable to handle anything like that right now, it is a bitch. Amy is also taking some essential oil remedies. Those seem to be helping also. Finally able to do some light work outs. Of course her light work outs would kill the average person. My thoughts are if someone is excellent physical condition is getting kicked this hard, what happens to the out of shape person. 5 weeks after. I still have dry irritated bronchial tubes that make me cough. I also lose my voice by late afternoon. Hope anyone who gets this stuff is able to kick it faster than I have. At least I did not have the trouble Amy has had.

The saga continues. My wife's flu also brought pink eye which she gave to me a week later which I gave to Buzzz a week later.
    Two people at Buzzz's work have died from it.
    The best things in life aren't things!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redant View Post
    This flu is the devil. Amy and I got it right before Christmas. Amy got the sinus infection like you did. Dr put her on 2 rounds of antibiotics. Unfortunately she still got the bronchitis. The antibiotics messed with her body really bad. Dr had her on prednisone pills and it was not good. After 2, she had to leave work and go to DR. Pale, sweating and trouble breathing. She did not fight the virus and it has caused troubles with her lungs and heart. Her resting heart rate is anywhere from 15-20 bpm higher than her normal. Also had her heart just pounding and trouble breathing. Stopped mid way through second round of antibiotics. She has been to lung DR and cardiologist. All seems okay, EKG, she has 99% oxygen level. She is living on benadryl. With her asthma being allergy induced, and her body unable to handle anything like that right now, it is a bitch. Amy is also taking some essential oil remedies. Those seem to be helping also. Finally able to do some light work outs. Of course her light work outs would kill the average person. My thoughts are if someone is excellent physical condition is getting kicked this hard, what happens to the out of shape person. 5 weeks after. I still have dry irritated bronchial tubes that make me cough. I also lose my voice by late afternoon. Hope anyone who gets this stuff is able to kick it faster than I have. At least I did not have the trouble Amy has had.

5 weeks, you should be just about to kick the last of it...

I'm sure Chris is happy about you loosing your voice by the afternoon... IF not Chris, Im sure Pat is...

Tell Amy "get better" and a hug from me...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The saga continues. My wife's flu also brought pink eye which she gave to me a week later which I gave to Buzzz a week later.
    Two people at Buzzz's work have died from it.

:( really really sad... was it the bacterial pneumonia that got them? The goo in my sinus and cough was like nothing I have ever had before, I think I am just NOW finally clearing it out... I totally understand how this has been deadly to many many folks, its unreal how bad it was in my chest...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Twice for me... the first time with a sinus infection and Zpack... the second time I ended up with bad bronchitis and the big 900mg horse pill antibiotics, prednisone inhaler and prednisone pills in the 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 blister pack... It took 5+ weeks to get rid of the cough
    Quote Originally Posted by redant View Post
    Did you guys get the flu shot this year and still got the flu?
    If not, are you planning on getting one next year?
    Im 100% anti flu shot but all these horror stories and making me think twice.

Fuck the flu shot. Never had it, never will. That shit will kill you.

Besides, more people have had the flu shot than ever before.

So why have sooooo many people gotten so sick this year??

Nope! Never.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Did you guys get the flu shot this year and still got the flu?
    If not, are you planning on getting one next year?
    Im 100% anti flu shot but all these horror stories and making me think twice.
    We too are 100% anti flu shot. I heard this year the shot is somewhere between 10%-30% effective. Funny thing about the flu shots. My daughter has asthma. Allergy induced. The doctors were always on her to get the flu shot. As a college age young adult, she got the shots for a few years. She thought she was doing the right thing. She would get the flu so bad and be really sick. She stopped getting the shots and has been good for years...until this year. We believe that because the virus mutates when the flu shot is made, that it could indeed be making the strains more resistant to the shots. I think it defiantly messes with your natural immune system. We think because Amy was on antibiotics for a sinus infection right before she knew she had the flu, it messed with her body. Flu being a virus and all.

5 weeks, you should be just about to kick the last of it...

I'm sure Chris is happy about you loosing your voice by the afternoon... IF not Chris, Im sure Pat is...

Tell Amy "get better" and a hug from me...
    I am sure Chris was happy not to have to hear me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    Fuck the flu shot. Never had it, never will. That shit will kill you.

Besides, more people have had the flu shot than ever before.

So why have sooooo many people gotten so sick this year??
    Because it's a random guess based on what they think the strain might be. Very low percentage of accuracy. I fell into the hype about 20 years ago when they pushed for everybody to get shot. I never have been sicker and vowed never ever again.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.