Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Boat Show

I see no people lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    I see no people lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attendance is up from last year but sales are down.

My Dad used to take the family to those shows back in the 60s/70s, when they were at the L.A. Convention Center. I loved them. No, Dad never bought a boat there, but our water skiing family was crazy about boats, and you never know when a deal might be offered, like on the last night of the show. I wish I had some advance notice of the event, I think I can put together a handful of vintage hot boats for display, If they'd have us. I should be pro-active and look into it.

That's more hardware than I've seen there in the last few years. Gotta be a good sign.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    My Dad used to take the family to those shows back in the 60s/70s, when they were at the L.A. Convention Center. I loved them. No, Dad never bought a boat there, but our water skiing family was crazy about boats, and you never know when a deal might be offered, like on the last night of the show. I wish I had some advance notice of the event, I think I can put together a handful of vintage hot boats for display, If they'd have us. I should be pro-active and look into it.
    Ross displayed some circle boats a couple of times when the show was in LA

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    That's more hardware than I've seen there in the last few years. Gotta be a good sign.
    And they're selling boats. Talked to Chris at ICB and Gary with Eliminator. Sounds like between them they sold at least 6 boats this weekend.

DCB has come along way in the last 10-15 years, nice looking boats for sure.

Overall, I thought it was a good show. Plenty of boats there to take your time on. Have to admit though, with the kids, I'm somewhat over high performance boats that I used to love. They've come up with great new ideas for power and interior but the functionality of them remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    And they're selling boats. Talked to Chris at ICB and Gary with Eliminator. Sounds like between them they sold at least 6 boats this weekend.
    Thanks Vic for coming by our booth and hanging out ... yes, EVERYBODY in the Performance Hall took deposits which is a giant leap over past years ... even DCB !