10th Annual Hot Boat & Custom Car Show Feb 23 & 24th, 2018 Jack Smith Park Needles Ca.

Well its official. Our first event of the year. Looking forward to going this year after sitting out last year. Working on some garb and give-a-ways. See you at Jack Smith next month!!

Name:  26804524_1225049020960478_5790835143463446684_n.png
Views: 137
Size:  480.5 KB

I plan to make this event this year. I missed the last 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We will see ou there, probably not going to bring the boat this year, but we will be there

We will try and make it.

You know, If this event was closer, and longer, I'd be more apt to attend. When I've done the California Hot rod Reunion in Bakersfield, I tow in and set up Thursday morning, with the racers, and stay until sunday night. It seems worth it.
    I have an observation on most car shows/boat shows, in general. The "trophy" part of most shows that award trophys, kill the very spirit of being an enthusiast.
    Anyway, I tell event organizers that my stuff is NOT in competition, when I've been at events. I think what I have is cool, regardless of accolades, I'm happy, and that's enough for me.
    I just can't justify towing all the way to Needles unless I'm going to stay there for more than the 1 or 2 days anyway. Parker has always been my favorite...but I won't go for less than 4 days. O.K., call me weird.
    Last edited by spike morelli; 01-20-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    You know, If this event was closer, and longer, I'd be more apt to attend. When I've done the California Hot rod Reunion in Bakersfield, I tow in and set up Thursday morning, with the racers, and stay until sunday night. It seems worth it.
    I have an observation on most car shows/boat shows, in general. The "trophy" part of most shows that award trophys, kill the very spirit of being an enthusiast.
    Anyway, I tell event organizers that my stuff is NOT in competition, when I've been at events. I think what I have is cool, regardless of accolades, I'm happy, and that's enough for me.
    I just can't justify towing all the way to Needles unless I'm going to stay there for more than the 1 or 2 days anyway. Parker has always been my favorite...but I won't go for less than 4 days. O.K., call me weird.
    I know quite a few of these guys come in from all over, out of state, and are there for the week at Jack Smith campground next to the park. Then I think its the week following the show they get together and are out running their flatbottoms or whatever on the lake ..
    Last edited by westair; 01-21-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westair View Post
    I know quite a few of these guys come in from all over, out of state, and are there for the week at Jack Smith campground next to the park. Then I think its the week following the show they get together and are out running their flatbottoms or whatever on the lake ..
    Westair..I'm sure you're correct as well. I have been friends with many of the guys from Idaho way, and they do this show every year. They have been egging me for years to go to this. As you state, many do arrive early/stay later to enjoy the water. Even for them, it only makes sense. Until my ski boat is finished, I have two drag boats...and they're really not for "pleasure cruising", so they'd be static displays during the show and once the show is over, go home. Kinda anti-climactic for me to display, and again, too far to just "drop in" and check out other peoples machinery.