Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Oh sure, I get a flu shot every year. Who knows what strain you'll catch, so the shot is just throwing the dice. I got the flu...just not the one I was preventing. My Insurance covers preventative medicine. Every year when I get a Physical, any shots or preventative medicine is covered, stuff like Flu shots, Shingles shots, Tetanus, whatever. My Mom ( now some years passed ) was a RN ( Registered Nurse ), and I grew up with the straight skinny on medicine. I take no medications on a regular basis, I'm pretty healthy in general, but now and again, "better living through Chemistry" as is warranted.
    I am with you. I hate taking meds....If I do, I take an IBprofine 800 for some knee pain.....or a hang over lol
    Other than that, I hate meds.

Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I got a flu shot one time about 18 years ago and I've never been so sick in my life, aside from the MRSA bout. Did it once, never again. It's a crap shoot to begin with.

As far as the hand sanitizer, that goes hand in hand with the over-prescription of antibiotics. Your body needs to be exposed to the germs to know how to fight them. They like to get crazy handing out z-packs for the common cold, which doesn't do anything against a virus.
    Yah, I think my immune system is pretty strong from the time I am at the gym...There are so many germs going around there, I had to have built up a tolerance...lol
    From what I hear, as long as you do not touch your eyes or mouth, mucus membranes, you are pretty safe from not catching the bug from someone but who the hell actually knows.