Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Flu bug going around

Candace was sicker then hell all weekend with the flu, she is still sick. A friend of ours works in the hospital out here she said over 2,000 cases of the flu so far just at the hospital. Havasu got hit hard too with the bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by K-034; 01-09-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike morelli View Post
    Yeah, I had it just before Christmas......although It seems most people I've talked to have it worse than I did. I did miss one day from work, but I can usually go to work even with a cold, however, I got some offshoot of a bad sinus headache that one day. It's been two weeks now, I'm good, never had the cough, just headcold stuff.
    The old joke is that you catch it "from sleeping next to an open crack"......Hmmmmmm
    "Crack kills"

Quote Originally Posted by K-034 View Post
    Candace was sicker then hell all weekend with the flu, she is still sick. Agree don't of ours works in the hospital out here she said over 2,000 cases of the flu so far just at the hospital. Havasu got hit hard too with the bug.

Take good care of CandACE!!! When mama aint happy, aint NOBODY happy...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Who believes in and takes the flu shot?
    I never had one and am pretty damn healthy ...as I knock on wood....lol

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    I'm fighting that shit right now. Never had a flu shot, never will as far as I'm concerned. Too much foreign shit in them.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    I'm fighting that shit right now. Never had a flu shot, never will as far as I'm concerned. Too much foreign shit in them.
    I agree.
    I know someone that is pregnant and the DR basically, more or less, told her she NEEDS to get one.
    She said the pregnancy one is a different strain or its all active or some bullshit like that lol.

I agree.
    I know someone that is pregnant and the DR basically, more or less, told her she NEEDS to get one.
    She said the pregnancy one is a different strain or its all active or some bullshit like that lol.
    I wonder how much doctors get per shot because it's overrated. My wife never got one when it was bad.

Oh sure, I get a flu shot every year. Who knows what strain you'll catch, so the shot is just throwing the dice. I got the flu...just not the one I was preventing. My Insurance covers preventative medicine. Every year when I get a Physical, any shots or preventative medicine is covered, stuff like Flu shots, Shingles shots, Tetanus, whatever. My Mom ( now some years passed ) was a RN ( Registered Nurse ), and I grew up with the straight skinny on medicine. I take no medications on a regular basis, I'm pretty healthy in general, but now and again, "better living through Chemistry" as is warranted.

Not me, I've never had the flu shot and my company pays for them, I also don't use hand sanitizer religiously either. It seem like the people that are germaphobic are the ones that get sick more often

so far so good, but I always get a flu shot. one of my dogs is sick if that counts....

I got a flu shot one time about 18 years ago and I've never been so sick in my life, aside from the MRSA bout. Did it once, never again. It's a crap shoot to begin with.

As far as the hand sanitizer, that goes hand in hand with the over-prescription of antibiotics. Your body needs to be exposed to the germs to know how to fight them. They like to get crazy handing out z-packs for the common cold, which doesn't do anything against a virus.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.