Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Some you you aren't as old as this "old fart", but when I was a young kid this bike was the "bomb" in the mid/late 60s in my neighborhood, I'm in the middle of finishing our basement and I've got 6-8 more weeks to complete, but after I'm done I'm going hunting for one of these, it's a 65-67 Honda 305 scrambler.

I couldn't afford one then, but I can now, just what I need, more toys.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post

After taking apart a dozen or more different 1911 derived pistols I really fell in love with the John Browning design and am a huge fan, Mr. John Browning and his designs are incredible for the era that he developed in and what he had to work with.

After looking closer I found some of the AmericanTacticalImport 1911s (GSG importer) that are in 45ACP are coming from the Philippines so I just called ATI customer service and they informed me that NONE of the 45ACP 1911s are coming from Germany/GSG so scratch that...

The ATI "FXH" models are made in the states OR maybe just partially made in the U.S AND are composite frames, not steel.... My plan is blown, back to the drawing board and back to the 300BLK ARs....
    I picked up a GSG-5 about 10 years ago now, the MP5SD clone, and it was fun for what it was, a cheap .22 to plink cans with. It took a few thousand rounds before it became what I'd consider remotely reliable. I have it and consider sending it up to a place north of Phoenix that will cut the barrel, SBR it, and set it up with a flash hider that will mount a suppressor. It's on my list, but not that high. I'd hope that they have come a long ways from that rifle since then, but I'd be wary of anything ATI for an EDC based upon my experiences, granted it's an unrelated model. It's funny watching the gun forums go back and forth between the Glock crowd and the 1911 crowd. Browning had a design that works, even over 100 years later. Hard to argue with that.

I went back and forth between Sig and Kimber for a 3" barrel 1911 and opted for the Sig, as I have about 8 others that I have had no issues with. There are so many different options for 1911's out there and all kinds of price points. The JJFU ones are too pretty to take out and beat on, or even have as an EDC. Hell, the boxes that he sends them out with are works of art on their own.

I'm a big fan of the .300BLK and they're on my list, but then I look at the 6.5 Creedmoor and swing back around. I like variety and have a pretty good array of coverage, but there's always room for more, right? The .300BLK is supposed to be a whole lot of fun with a suppressor.
    Last edited by jordy; 01-08-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    I picked up a GSG-5 about 10 years ago now, the MP5SD clone, and it was fun for what it was, a cheap .22 to plink cans with. It took a few thousand rounds before it became what I'd consider remotely reliable. I have it and consider sending it up to a place north of Phoenix that will cut the barrel, SBR it, and set it up with a flash hider that will mount a suppressor. It's on my list, but not that high. I'd hope that they have come a long ways from that rifle since then, but I'd be wary of anything ATI for an EDC based upon my experiences, granted it's an unrelated model. It's funny watching the gun forums go back and forth between the Glock crowd and the 1911 crowd. Browning had a design that works, even over 100 years later. Hard to argue with that.

I went back and forth between Sig and Kimber for a 3" barrel 1911 and opted for the Sig, as I have about 8 others that I have had no issues with. There are so many different options for 1911's out there and all kinds of price points. The JJFU ones are too pretty to take out and beat on, or even have as an EDC. Hell, the boxes that he sends them out with are works of art on their own.

I'm a big fan of the .300BLK and they're on my list, but then I look at the 6.5 Creedmoor and swing back around. I like variety and have a pretty good array of coverage, but there's always room for more, right? The .300BLK is supposed to be a whole lot of fun with a suppressor.
    Thanks for the info on the GSG stuff, I "assumed" that if it came from Germany it would be better quality than the Philippines... OR at least a good platform to start with...

I started playing with the 300BLK when it was in it's infancy and WAY before it was SAAMI accepted/approved (only experimental load data available on the net)... I have a few that I have built and the "subsonic" loads with 220gr bullets are real thumpers as a home security piece... I've always been a big fan of 30 cal ANYTHING...

I love the reliability of the 300BLK and the fact that the .223 is the parent brass, feeds like a dream, same mags, same bolt/carrier with ZERO mods... Just change the barrel...

I will never under ANY circumstances NOT be able to build ammo for the 300BLK... EVER...

It turns your AR into a really great deer rifle...

I wouldn't know anything about sub sonic 300BLK with a CAN...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 01-08-2018 at 10:58 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post

Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Riding to Ports O Call in Pedro for Lunch this Sat. Leaving Lakewood around 1030am if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Riding to Ports O Call in Pedro for Lunch this Sat. Leaving Lakewood around 1030am if you are interested.
    IF I dont go to the river I'm down for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    IF I dont go to the river I'm down for sure.
    Was laughing at seeing your IG post after reading this thread. Good to see something got you to go ride!

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    Was laughing at seeing your IG post after reading this thread. Good to see something got you to go ride!
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    My registration expires next month. Already 1yr old.

I think it might have around 300mi now LOL

Impractical

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Impractical

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Love the paint.
    Is that a red or copper/brown???