Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Very nice! I like the simplicity of some of the older bikes. Sure the new ones are comfortable and will almost ride themselves, but there is something to be said for a clean little bobber.
    President and CEO of the I Hate Jordy Fan Club.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jordy View Post
    Very nice! I like the simplicity of some of the older bikes. Sure the new ones are comfortable and will almost ride themselves, but there is something to be said for a clean little bobber.
    The OG chopper builder of the new age (Jesse James) said "if it doesn't make it GO faster, or STOP faster, is left off of the build"

Some dislike him but I spent a lot of time around 2000 watching the work in his shop on Anaheim and have a huge respect for the guy and what he did...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2manymustangs View Post
    The OG chopper builder of the new age (Jesse James) said "if it doesn't make it GO faster, or STOP faster, is left off of the build"

Some dislike him but I spent a lot of time around 2000 watching the work in his shop on Anaheim and have a huge respect for the guy and what he did...
    He's incredibly talented, no doubt about it. Don't know if you've been following him, but he's in Austin now, has a badass shop at home that works well with his firearms manufacturing business, as in, he can walk out the door and mag dump, then walk back in. The firearms he is building with his JJFU brand are gorgeous, but I'm hearing the accuracy leaves some to be desired. They're too new to be any deals on them and I don't want one bad enough to pay full pop.

They're also building frames again for scooters. I kick around building a WCC bike, but to do it right, it would have to be all the OG parts, which pop up on a regular basis on ebay and such, but at double the original price.

Name:  IMG_9857.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  472.8 KB

Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built the first one (swing arm low rider) in the mid 80s while I was in Chicago, the second one I built/finished in 1994 and sold it when my little guy was just months old. I tracked it down and bought it back in 2016, now that my hips are all better I'm ready to ride, it is getting a makeover and needs a thorough cleaning...

Excuse the mess, I'm remodeling the garage:

Attachment 67764

Attachment 67765

Attachment 67766

Attachment 67767

It was VERY clean 20 years ago when we parted company... now for the elbow grease...
    Love the old sckool, cool to see it when it's complete.

He's incredibly talented, no doubt about it. Don't know if you've been following him, but he's in Austin now, has a badass shop at home that works well with his firearms manufacturing business, as in, he can walk out the door and mag dump, then walk back in. The firearms he is building with his JJFU brand are gorgeous, but I'm hearing the accuracy leaves some to be desired. They're too new to be any deals on them and I don't want one bad enough to pay full pop.

They're also building frames again for scooters. I kick around building a WCC bike, but to do it right, it would have to be all the OG parts, which pop up on a regular basis on ebay and such, but at double the original price.
    i would love to have a JJFU 1911, but... Like you, I won't pay the $$$... I want to get one of the new german made "mil spec" 1911s and see how accurate I can make it with the routine mods (upgraded barrel & fitted bushing, trigger, slide work, etc...)... I think there are inherent accuracy limitations in the design...

I've been seeing the WCC parts on eBay but wonder about the authenticity...

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Love the old sckool, cool to see it when it's complete.
    Ya, we are long overdue for a meeting sir...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Not a Harley, but a pretty good cruiser. They only made the Valkyrie Interstate for 3 years. They were a sportier Goldwing with 6 carbs and a bigger cam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

i would love to have a JJFU 1911, but... Like you, I won't pay the $$$... I want to get one of the new german made "mil spec" 1911s and see how accurate I can make it with the routine mods (upgraded barrel & fitted bushing, trigger, slide work, etc...)... I think there are inherent accuracy limitations in the design...

I've been seeing the WCC parts on eBay but wonder about the authenticity...
    I like the AR platform rifles he's building as well as there is some crazy design and craftsmanship, but again, for the money you could pick up a LaRue that will shoot sub-MOA right out of the box and start to dress it up. There's only so much you can do with .223 anyway. Like the 1911's, they're nice to look at, and I can appreciate the novelty, along with the workmanship, but for an EDC and something that runs, I'm not sold yet. He's asking Wilson Combat money for the 1911's, without the track record to support it. We'll see what the next couple years bring.

Not that he cares, but it would be interesting to see JJ put some kind of competition team together and make some appearances. He has enough cabbage between what he's done and the Patron money, to not have to work again. Makes work more enjoyable for sure!

The WCC parts that are real are easy to spot as they cost 4 times what a comparable part would be by anybody else. Things like risers and such are easy to spot, but I know there are a shit ton of controls that get tagged with WCC that aren't.

Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes
    I will ride with Harleys but not on one....old rice grinders all the way baby.
    Posted from my Etch A Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by 76Bonneville View Post
    Not a Harley, but a pretty good cruiser. They only made the Valkyrie Interstate for 3 years. They were a sportier Goldwing with 6 carbs and a bigger cam.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Those are really good engines on that hoss!

I like the AR platform rifles he's building as well as there is some crazy design and craftsmanship, but again, for the money you could pick up a LaRue that will shoot sub-MOA right out of the box and start to dress it up. There's only so much you can do with .223 anyway. Like the 1911's, they're nice to look at, and I can appreciate the novelty, along with the workmanship, but for an EDC and something that runs, I'm not sold yet. He's asking Wilson Combat money for the 1911's, without the track record to support it. We'll see what the next couple years bring.

Not that he cares, but it would be interesting to see JJ put some kind of competition team together and make some appearances. He has enough cabbage between what he's done and the Patron money, to not have to work again. Makes work more enjoyable for sure!

The WCC parts that are real are easy to spot as they cost 4 times what a comparable part would be by anybody else. Things like risers and such are easy to spot, but I know there are a shit ton of controls that get tagged with WCC that aren't.

After taking apart a dozen or more different 1911 derived pistols I really fell in love with the John Browning design and am a huge fan, Mr. John Browning and his designs are incredible for the era that he developed in and what he had to work with.

After looking closer I found some of the AmericanTacticalImport 1911s (GSG importer) that are in 45ACP are coming from the Philippines so I just called ATI customer service and they informed me that NONE of the 45ACP 1911s are coming from Germany/GSG so scratch that...

The ATI "FXH" models are made in the states OR maybe just partially made in the U.S AND are composite frames, not steel.... My plan is blown, back to the drawing board and back to the 300BLK ARs....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRotten View Post
    I will ride with Harleys but not on one....old rice grinders all the way baby.
    After a few trips on my buddy's NINJA I swore off rice street bikes, they scare me... OR rather I scare myself on them, I won't own one for the sake of my limbs and family...

Im not ruling out my friends OLD SCHOOL 750-4 super stretch retro chopper...
    Last edited by 2manymustangs; 01-08-2018 at 08:27 AM.