trailer titles in cal

just so everyone knows, I bought two boats from cal, both said that cal doesn't have titles, this is wrong, to reg. out of state , you must have the title, when you reg. in cal , you have the option to get a paper title, and if you ever go to sell it,... you have to get the title to sell the trailer... non of the in state paper work will work for out of state sales..it's a long ass pain in the ass for the new buyer, and there is nothing they can do till they get the title,..another thing, watch your self when buying a boat from AZ, they don't have boat titles and someone could actually sell you a boat with a lien on it...usually they say, I don't know where the trailer title is, and that could be because the bank has it... so buyer beware... the best way to do a trans action is for the sellers to have both titles in hand...

oh, wait a second,.... I bought 3 halletts... and I never ever got the title to the trailer on the 270, but I sold it to a dealer in havasu,... and I'm gonna bet, there still is no title and it's running around on the cal perm plate...major PITA....and a DF move on my part to do it 2 more times... all three times I asked... do you have the titles to the boat and trailer?.. all three said yes, and all three didn't have the trailer titles...and all three said cal doesn't have trailer titles... which is wrong...
    Manage

Under the Permanent Trailer Identifcation (PTI) program, most trailers are issued a PTI plate and a permanent identifcation card rather than a regular trailer plate and registration card. And then you have to pay a maintenance service fee every 5 years.

I bought a jet from a cat in Sacramento this summer, registered it in TX and didn't have the trailer title. I had last years registration, and some form for the trailer, but no title. The guy said he could get me one if needed, but I didn't need it. I think it had a PTI plate on it, that might have been why I didn't need the title.

I then had the option of getting a TX title for the trailer when I registered it and the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
    I bought a jet from a cat in Sacramento this summer, registered it in TX and didn't have the trailer title. I had last years registration, and some form for the trailer, but no title. The guy said he could get me one if needed, but I didn't need it. I think it had a PTI plate on it, that might have been why I didn't need the title.

I then had the option of getting a TX title for the trailer when I registered it and the boat.
    good to hear, glad it went smooth...AZ and Nevada won't recondnise anything but aa title on a title state...still working on my two hallett titles,