Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar

You learn something every day....

I had never in my life heard of the band SMALL FACES...

As the tunes played I was jamming and thought "wow, this REALLY sounds like old school Black Crows" (the first song Shudder Shake)... Thinking "I really have to go see these guys when they come to town"...

A quick WIKI left me shocked as to the origin and make make up/history of the band...

I could have SWORN I was listening to Chris Robinson... ONLY to my surprise I was listening to the later version of the band FACES with >>>>>>> __________ - THE MOD<<<<<<< as lead vocals...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_Faces

https://www.facebook.com/SmallFacesOfficial/

Last edited by 2manymustangs; 12-16-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

ya Rod Stewart came out of that group...

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rioracr View Post
    ya Rod Stewart came out of that group...
    Bingo, I never knew...

Chris Robinson must have been a fan because his Black Crows tunes are very similar to the later 70's/Rod Stewart - FACES tunes...

I like it!!!
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams