Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Land of 10,000 .......................... fLakes

Mystery Shovelnose ID

Hi HBer's

Don't see too many of these around the Great White North.....had to do a double take when I spotted this only a couple miles from my place.

Didn't get a length or HIN as I really wasn't sposed to be there. Take pics and git.

Any ideas on what it is? Hoping the gurus could ID even with the snow and ice encrusted lines of this poor orphan.

May go back and talk to owner if it's a worthwhile hull. Did have an off-set rudder at some point.

Needs everything and then some. No Mouzers around here for good used rigging either.

Hate to see something decent go to shit laying on the ground filling with snow, water etc.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Posted from my Etch A Sketch

thats sad

Don't anything about those, except that I love the look of the shovel nose

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    get it, you never know if it was a historically significant drag boat... I would say its a Sanger based on the lines/dash/stern (the Sangers have a unique look where the sponsons transition into the gunns on the side)

put it in the back yard upside down...
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

....or sit in it and make 1500 horse blower motor noises and then launch myself over the deck and onto the lawn.

Prolly go see if I can make contact with owner just to see what's up, maybe get a better look at condition and if there is any hardware squirrelled away.

If he cared or was moving forward with it.....she'd be upside down or covered, that's for sure.

From my quick walk around the floor and stringers didn't look terrible but that doesn't mean they're good.

HIN could be inside or outside transom?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRotten View Post

Seems like top of port stringer rear may be a good spot to look.

On the slim chance someone might recognize it....this had 3 blue airbrushed angled bars and smokey random black scallops? along hull aft of sponsons.

I'm thinking '69-'72?

....or sit in it and make 1500 horse blower motor noises and then launch myself over the deck and onto the lawn.

Prolly go see if I can make contact with owner just to see what's up, maybe get a better look at condition and if there is any hardware squirrelled away.

If he cared or was moving forward with it.....she'd be upside down or covered, that's for sure.

From my quick walk around the floor and stringers didn't look terrible but that doesn't mean they're good.

Probably transom, photos of the graphics (minus the snow) may be helpful as well... AND shots of any other graphics on the hull...

SAMPLE: "SANSH214D686"

[SAN] Sanger
    [SH] ski hydro top
    [2] mold number two
    [14] 14th day of the month
    [D] drag bottom
    [6] sixth month of the year june
    [86] year built
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Thanks.

Need to get back over there when ice is softer, we got a heat wave coming on Monday....37˚

Thanks.

Need to get back over there when ice is softer, we got a heat wave coming on Monday....37˚
    From what little I can see, it looks like factory Sanger artwork/graphics, which I love... All of the factory art was lost on my Sanger hydro... :(

Got back and talked to the owner.

He's had it for 5-10 years, bought it at a local auction for a buck. Spent 150 dollars to move it, wife was livid.

Said he'll sell it for 200 dollars which is 150 more than I offered but probably worth it considering where I live.

Gonna get back to him on that after I get a little more info.

Has no real knowledge about it or paperwork on it.

I forgot to get the length but might head back tomorrow and give it another look see without him hovering.

The artwork appeared to be painted on as there were a few spots where the white gelcoat showed through.

Aside from two 1" holes holes along the hull on each side about two feet back from sponson......? and some scrapes and a couple stress stars, the hull looked pretty good.

No dark spots on the stringer holes. Scratched some lychen off the strb transom but saw no readable HIN.

Sorry for the crappy pics, had to resize to get them to work. Last one is under deck behind dash if that helps anyone out.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by JohnnyRotten; 12-19-2017 at 03:31 AM.