Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jomama View Post
    OK
    It was on my bucket list to do a complete nut and bolt restoration on a car. To do it all myself.
    Metal work, body work. paint, upholstery. engine, trans. electrical. It took me almost 3 years to complete. I would never do it again, To much time and money.
    Its a 1953. It's a rare car its the transition year from the split window to oval, the change over was March 10th 1953. It has a lot of split parts and one year off parts on it. hard to find parts.
    It was the last year of 25HP engine it changed to 36HP on 12/1953 A 25 HP engine is not really drivable on todays FWY's I bored and stroked the engine put a Okrasa kit Period correct
    Duel port ported heads duel carbs, camshaft. It produces around 53Hp now. Equal to a stock 1600 duel port engine. Will drive all day long at 75 MPH. The car is about 95% original.
    Still buying parts for it. Just found a 53 ignition switch & a 25 HP fuel pump. The 53 has a push button starter. I had the car now for 5 years. Two years ago I put in its only car show in Pasadena around 500 bugs there
    It took best of pre 1957 bugs that includes all splits and ovals. I always have some kind of projects going on Chris and I just finished the drag boat complete build Pro outlaw Hydro.
    We are now working on building a 2800 SF garage/shop in Havasu. My 3 car garage in Glendora is getting cramped.
    Thanks for the details on your 1953 bug build... Kudos on the show/awards!

I shutter when I think of what happened to my 1963 Ghia that I had stored in the garage for 25+ years, it should have went to you for the royal treatment... It was all that I could do in that 1963 to go 55MPH, I could beat it in a drag race with a bicycle...

I've been a big fan of the antique bugs forever!!!
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams

Very nice Joe, I love the old V dubs.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams