Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYE dilemma

NYE dilemma

For the past three years I've done Vegas for NYE. Each year I say I'm not gonna do that again. The crowds are massive. Long lines at the restaurants, if you can even get in. And getting trampled at the clubs. And my most recent visit to Vegas was less than stellar.

But then I book it again and again and again.

Apparently I must love Vegas for NYE.

This year I'm really struggling. I go to book a room. Choose the room and dates, get to the pay screen and then close my browser WTF.

The other option is the river. Which prior to three years ago I did all the time. Maybe 10yrs straight. I do miss those days dearly and absolutely enjoyed the river at that time of year. But things are different now.

I refuse to stay home. I'll do that when I'm really old and fucked up and shit. Until then, I'm gonna do something.

Just don't know what that is this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    For the past three years I've done Vegas for NYE. Each year I say I'm not gonna do that again. The crowds are massive. Long lines at the restaurants, if you can even get in. And getting trampled at the clubs. And my most recent visit to Vegas was less than stellar.

But then I book it again and again and again.

Apparently I must love Vegas for NYE.

This year I'm really struggling. I go to book a room. Choose the room and dates, get to the pay screen and then close my browser WTF.

The other option is the river. Which prior to three years ago I did all the time. Maybe 10yrs straight. I do miss those days dearly and absolutely enjoyed the river at that time of year. But things are different now.

I refuse to stay home. I'll do that when I'm really old and fucked up and shit. Until then, I'm gonna do something.

Just don't know what that is this year.
    NYE in havasu is pretty cool, kind of a cool atmosphere.. I don't know if they will do it again , but the street party was always cool

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    NYE in havasu is pretty cool, kind of a cool atmosphere.. I don't know if they will do it again , but the street party was always cool
    IF, well not IF, wherever I go for NYE, I will not be ubering or taking taxi's anywhere. If I can't walk to where I need to be, its too far LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HB Vic View Post
    IF, well not IF, wherever I go for NYE, I will not be ubering or taking taxi's anywhere. If I can't walk to where I need to be, its too far LOL
    didn't I go to your river place for NYE one year?

I’m doing a ca road trip up the coast from the 26-3rd so not sure where I’ll be for NYE ...maybe Frisco???

Maybe I’ll do a road trip thread

Btw I’ve always wanted to try Vegas for NYE that and time square

I stay away from crowded places.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    didn't I go to your river place for NYE one year?
    I believe you did, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    Did you mean I'd stay away, or you stay away?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpChange View Post
    words to live by, literally.....